IV. Help.

"Jesus." Lucilla sighed as she slammed her apartment door closed. "I'm sorry Mr Harrow but I haven't spoken to my brother within the past hour." She began to mock, head falling back to rest against her door. "I lived better at the Shiva than today."

If the girl ranked how bad her lies were; she'd rank today's on the top. It was absolutely pathetic. She wouldn't be surprised if Mr Harrow knew what Lucilla was hiding already. Heck, the girl didn't know what she was trying to hide herself.

Before this one the worst preforming lies from Lucilla Spector was her Mother's Shiva. That day Lucilla couldn't tell what was the truth or a lie.

She knew Marc was contemplating attending before she even saw him. He never had a good connection with their mother, especially after Randell. However whether his lack of attendance was something Lucilla couldn't figure out of reason for.

Whether it was guilt or anger, Lucilla didn't know. The only thing she knew was she remembers Marc across the street from her as she was about to enter the house, a bottle concealed within a bag in his hand. She couldn't still remember the small smile they gave each other as Lucilla waved to her brother. Marc only watched her for a moment before he left.

Their entire family that attended the Shiva questioned Lucilla on where Marc was and she couldn't give an accurate answer. Instead the common answer she thought of was that "he's spending time with Layla."

That was the first lie. The next where built upon the girl's life which she continued to lie about. Back then, Lucilla had no life and no purpose. This was even before Ptah.

"Ugh!" She screamed, throwing her phone across the room as it was the only thing in the vicinity. It landed with a loud crash and crack to add to the array of imperfections on the screen. "I can't I do one simple thing." Lucilla groaned.

Lucilla never lied.. well never did. She never lied because she was quite frankly never good at it because when she did the situation only ever got worse and never better.

The only reason she began to lie was once she met Ptah, after her life began to fall apart.

Lucilla never accepted help either. It pained her that Harrow seemed like he wanted to help the girl. She could of easily accepted it if she admitted she needed help when it was offered.

She was always taught doing something alone always gave the best results. "I can't do anything right." The girl grumbled before curling up into a ball. "I can't accept help."

"You did once." Ptah reassured the girl as he appeared sat next to Lucilla. "I say that was progress."

Twice. She ever accepted help twice in her life willingly and only one of them stuck around. The other left when she didn't want it to.

"One encounter doesn't matter." Lucilla shrugged, "This left me with nothing."

"No one said mortal life is easy." Ptah explained, "Being an avatar is no help. I am aware of that. However Khonshu has provided you an opportunity."

"Marc won't listen." The girl shrugged, wrapping her arms around her legs. "He never even cared. Besides I only stayed for Layla."

One thing Marc never saw Lucilla as was family. Not even as his sister. He lasted long enough with Lucilla by his side until he dumped her on the side of the road.

The girl had no friends at the time and it was only Marc until he left home. It wasn't until Layla found her and took her in. She didn't know Layla and Marc were connected until he find Lucilla sat in Layla's living room one day. He wasn't happy to find his sister and wife were close.