XIV. Interesting.

Deals are what the Gods usually make to benefit themselves. Typically, they never included the avatar's best interests unless the deal is made whilst the avatar is on the brink of death. The reason for that is quite obvious. It was even more peculiar if the deal included other humans that are or were completely oblivious to the Egyptian Gods' existence.

This was what made the deal Antony Huffman made with Ptah ever so interesting to Arthur Harrow.

"What do you mean that they don't make those kind of deals?" Lucilla questioned the older man in a hurry. She tried ever so hard not to let her eyes wander on the God behind Harrow.

"I'm not sure," Harrow explained slowly. He moved his hands to rest upon the table, close to the edge. "Can I test something?" His hands moved to lay palms-up in the middle of the two. Lucilla carefully placed her hands into Harrow's. It was weird to hold hands with a stranger but the girl didn't focus on that. Instead, the unusual weighing scale tattoo on Harrow's are begins to tilt from side to side.

"What are you doing?" She inquired. Lucilla wanted to take her hands away from Harrow's for her safety but the possibility of it altering something confused her more. The man before her held his eyes closed but as Lucilla pulled her hands from his, his eyes snapped open almost instantly.

"Interesting," Harrow hummed, completely unaffected by Lucilla's actions. "Your scales don't fall either way." Like most people, Lucilla had zero idea what Harrow was going on about and she had no clue what these scales were. She didn't want to ask about it either. The less Lucilla knew the better. "But that may explain it," he points towards the scar on the girl's forearm. The exact scar Harrow questioned the girl about just the day before: The Ankh Djed-pillar.

Lucilla moved back to hold her arm before the two as she tried to figure out what Harrow was on about. "The origin of this was not at a party." Harrow explained, "do you recall the true origin?" He could easily see through Lucilla's lies. That part was obvious with how little he believed her lie about the Scar.

"No.." She shrugged, just like she did talking to Harrow yesterday about the scars but this time didn't cover with a lire. "I don't remember much about them, not even when I first noticed I had it." That wasn't a lie. To Lucilla during the past few years, the scars on her arm had always been there. She couldn't pinpoint when or where they first appeared.

"Interesting," Harrow hummed again. "Death and internal life all in one. I'm surprised Osiris himself didn't choose you to be his avatar."

"Death?" Lucilla questioned. She hadn't heard the relation to death before. The countless days the girl had spent trying to look for an answer she had read almost everything but that.

"The djed-pillar was used as an amulet on mummies so they can present themselves in front of Osiris," Harrow explained. "You truly are a mystery Ms Spector, one not even I can decipher. But this is the doing of the gods in some form." His hands moved to point at the scars as Lucilla's eyes wandered behind Harrow to Ptah.

The God stood tall behind Harrow but no shift in movement. Neither did Ptah speak a word. There was a large possibility that he did know about the scar more than Lucilla did but there was also a large possibility that they didn't. Besides if he did know there was no way the god would tell her anything like that anyways. They had no need to. It was something for Lucilla to discover herself, even if it meant that the God's end of the deal wasn't upheld.

Harrow caught her gaze and glanced behind himself at where the God should be standing for Lucilla and turned back to the girl.

"Ptah cannot be the source of all the answers." Harrow explained softly, bringing Lucilla's attention back on himself as if he was reading her mind. "I can help you," he nodded slowly.