XVII. Suit.

"Anthony would be so disappointed in you, Lucilla." Harrow called out as he walked away. "Especially under the circumstances that-" he didn't end up finishing his sentence as Layla and Steven began to run. Harrow looked over his shoulder to give a small glance at the couple as someone grabbed Layla before turning away.

Lucilla would have loved to hear about what circumstances Harrow was going on about but he was gone before she could call out to him again. Besides the next thing the girl knew, a pair of arms wrapped around her shoulder and forcefully dragged her backwards. The women let out a small yell as she barely missed falling to the ground. She turned only to become face to face with a women about the same height as her. Lucilla dropped to the floor suddenly, moving so her leg sweep the woman's, causing her to drop to the floor with her head slamming against he dusty floor.

Lucilla rose to watch a group of men walking towards her in a hurry. She'll have to fight her way out but the question is wether or not Ptah will protect her.

"Luck!" Layla's voice concerned echoed across the building as her and Steven reach the balcony. The women leaning over the railing as she watched Lucilla back into a corner.

"Go!" Lucilla yelled back, barely glancing over at her and Steven. She couldn't loose focus on the men before her. But with the very short glances Lucilla made she saw people making their way up the stairs to the couple. "I'll be fine!" She added. With her fists squeezed tightly, Lucilla felt fabric fold over her body. Out of everyone there, Lucilla was the least likely to need to be stuck with them. She could make it out by herself. Steven and Layla had no chance with Harrow on their tail.

"C'mon let's go!" Steven yelled at Layla.

The sound of cracking soon filled the room. The group of men heading towards Lucilla didn't seem unfazed by the sound but their postures shifted once the ground began to break with the cracks lined with a purple light. Harrow's staff. There was no time wasting this time.

Lucilla quickly walked as far back as she could before she hit her back against the wall. There was a meter or so between her and the closest man. It was good enough. She moved her left toe around her body, scraping a circle into the dust, before stomping down against it. The ground broke apart under her feet to release the shape Lucilla drew before rising her up under her. It rose high enough for her to jump over to the balcony just in time to avoid the man Layla threw off of it.

"That was awesome." Steven awed at Layla's defence but the women simply grabbed him and ran down the hall.

Lucilla was going to follow after a small glance back at bellow her. She stopped in her place as she watched Harrow rise from the ground. The spot where his cane once stuck into the ground was now sinking in a square shape. The purple hue continued to remain as a creature's arm shot up to grab ahold of the ground.

"Shit," Lucilla muttered as she recognised the arm. It was a Jackal. Almost instantly, the women jumped on her toes before sprinting down the hallway towards Steven and Layla. "Move!" Lucilla yelled as caught up to them. All three of them scattered into a storage room.

Layla and Steven slammed the wooden door shut before pulling over a slab of wood to lock the door. Lucilla pushed her way in between the two, letting her hand brush against the wood. It moved like liquid under her hand, melting against the wooden door until the entire slab was attached to the door.

"Oh my god," Steven gasped as he looked around the room behind Lucilla. "In a magician's man cave."

Lucilla turned to face the couple with her back against the wall and her breathing rapid. Harrow was what caused the museum incident. He sent the Jackals that night. He knows a lot more than he was letting on.