V. Luck.

Marc walked into the messy apartment with some sort of purpose. Something changed with him as soon as he entered but it differed again once his eyes fell upon the phone in the corner of the room.

"Why did you come?" Lucilla questioned, closing the door after her brother entered. She rested her back against the door, avoiding Marc's gaze as he looked around the room, almost examining it. Lucilla spoke as little as possible.

"I need your word that you won't mention anything to anyone. Not even Layla." He hurried, moving over to Lucilla's phone. "You know why I can't let her into this."

The girl scoffed at her brother's words. Of course that's why he came. She watched as Marc picked up the phone and scanned the cracked screen before focusing upon the unlocked contents.

"Hey!" Lucilla called out whilst attempting to snatch the phone back. "Give me it!" She shouted as Marc moved the phone above his head as he scrolled through the messages before moving onto the voicemails.

"I didn't think you'd listen to these." Marc's face dropped, continuing to scroll on the phone until he caught his finger upon a bit of broken glass, "It wasn't like this earlier." He muttered as he moved to examine the cracks. Marc could instantly tell that something happened.

"I didn't think you payed attention." Lucilla commented back, moving away from her brother. Once Marc had hood of something there was no way he'd let it go.

"I pay attention." The older man responded, bringing down the phone to Lucilla's level and held it out to his sister. "Despite what you believe."

"I only believe what u left me believing." The girl explained blankly, snatching her phone out of Marc's hand.

"You know I didn't mean to, Luck." Marc stated, following his sister as she moved to sit down on the sofa. It didn't matter whether he meant to leave Lucilla behind with their mother, he still did.

"Why do you call me luck?" The girl changed the topic one more. She had so many questions to ask her brother but there was no time in the whole universe for all of them. So what's better than a topic Lucilla wanted to avoid?

"Because you're lucky." Marc responds with a shrug. "You always have been." Lucilla scoffed at his words. She wasn't lucky, never was. No one would class her life as being Lucky. "You survived, didn't you?" Marc questioned at his sister's action. "I'd class that as luck." He continued as Lucilla remained silent.

"You don't know the meaning of Luck." She began to explain, thinking of all the reasons why she wasn't Lucky. There was too many. However there were quite a few moments that would say she's Lucky. "What happened wasn't luck. It was coincidence." She mumbled.

"What did happen?" Marc questioned, sitting down next to his sister. He was almost curious what happened to Lucilla over the time he was away and when she was on her own. The girl didn't believe his intrigue was natural. Why would Marc care?

"Now you pretend to care?" Lucilla laughed at her brother's words. Marc never cared. He still didn't, she could practically hear the cringe radiating off of his voice and he spoke. The girl was fully convinced that Khonshu was the reason he was here, nothing else.

Marc paused before he spoke again. His eyes glanced over to the mirror as he caught his own reflection. He watched himself for a moment before sighing. "I always cared." Marc explained, sliding back further into the seat as he broke contact with the reflection. "I-" He paused again, almost as if someone was talking to him. "Things were happening that I couldn't explain. Things that you couldn't be involved in."

A scoff escaped Lucilla's lips as the words left Marc's. He couldn't possibly believe that Lucilla will believe a thing he said. There was no use.

"You're as good as lying as you are keeping people away." The girl joked, curling up closer into the sofa. All Marc did was keep people away but they always came back somehow. Like his lies, it comes full circle.