Chapter 6

Kennedy Williams

I've been up since six thirty. I guess my body is used to waking up early. I watched the sunrise. I also watched the guards. They were everywhere literally. The door opened and I jumped up.

Damn it Kennedy try to be afraid of every sound. Christian stood at the door with confusion written all over his face. He nodded then went straight to the closet then to the bathroom.

Well damn. What happened to good morning or at least hi. When he came out of the bathroom he had a towel wrapped around him. I immediately shut my eyes.

I had to take a few deep breaths. I wanted to ask him how it felt to be God's favorite. He was ripped, I didn't even know men could have eight packs. It was like he was sculpted. I even saw his v shape.

I used to hear maids talk about how sexy men were, the only men I saw were my father's guards and friends, and they were either old, fat, or ugly. But he wasn't like anything I'd ever seen. He has tattoos across his chest, and on both arms.

When he came back out of the closet I was grateful he had clothes on. Damn it he sure does look good in a suit.

"Kennedy today you'll be coming with me to work. I will be introducing you to my team members. Also Elora and Trey will start to train you" he said blatantly.

"I'm sorry train me for what?" I questioned.

"Now that the world knows I'm married you are now a target. I want you to be able to defend yourself if no one is around you." Every time he spoke there was no emotion. It was like conversing with a robot.

"Ok" I replied.

"Breakfast is downstairs. When you're done meet me in the front" he walked out.

Jokes on him. I haven't eaten anything since the engagement party. Some people say words shouldn't affect people but they do. I am definitely not in the mood to eat food.

Every time I looked at some food I felt sick to my stomach. So I'll most definitely not be eating any breakfast.

I took my time to find an outfit in hopes he would think I actually ate. One thing about me, I was always going to look good. My outfits were always going to look the part.

There were so many clothes to choose from but I decided with a forest green pants suit and some gold accessories to go with it.

I walked through the from door and was met with Christian leaning on his car. He looked up and stared for a little. It almost made me feel like I wasn't dress up enough but a smirk appeared on his face.

"You look.. nice. I like the green it's a good color on you."

I gave him a thank you smile and walked to the car. I went to open my door but he slapped my hand away.

"What's your problem." I surprised myself when that came out of my mouth. What is happening to me. I don't even say stuff like that. Maybe my period is coming soon, I need to check the calendar.

His smirk grew slightly. "Listen here Kennedy lower your tone. Now I was going to ask if you ate."

I took a deep breath. Honestly I expected him to punch me or cuss me out, but he didn't. "Yes I ate. Thanks for asking." I lied.

He continued to stare at me, I watched his smirk disappear. Wordlessly he opened the car door for me then went to his side. He opened the glove compartment and gave me a granola bar and a beef jerky.

"Thanks, but I'm so full I can't eat anything else." I have no idea why I kept lying.

He didn't answer instead he sped off. We approached something that looked like an abandoned warehouse, but when I went in it was everything but abandoned. The decor was beautiful. Everything was dark gray with forest green accessories. I guess that's why he smirked.

As we walked through the halls everyone nodded their heads in respect. I was surprised no one gave me any dirty looks. Some even gave me a genuine smile, and trust me over the years I've learned the difference between genuine and just being nice.

We entered something like a conference room. It was filled with men and woman of all races. I felt like I just entered into the UN. Their chatter immediately stopped.

"Of course you all know I got married yesterday." He turned and pointed to me. "She is your Queen and Dona. I expect all of you to treat her with respect and if I hear that any of you have disrespected her in any way, consider yourself dead."

I was shocked. Why would he kill them because they disrespected me. Alexander always said I was a nobody, but here I'm everything but a nobody.