Chapter 40

Kennedy

We landed in Seattle Washington and drove about half and hour to Bonney lake. We've watched Alex for a week and he has the same routine. He wakes up, walks his dogs at about 7:30am with four guards and about thirty men surround his property.

I originally thought he was along until I saw his wife jogging with him this morning, which means their child is here.

The bitter part of me wants to kill the baby, Alex and her but I doubt I could go through with it.

Now I'm sitting in my hotel room sipping on a scotch in my hand. This past week I've avoided everyone. I've barely spoken to my own husband.

I can tell it annoys him and pretty soon he's going to pick a fight with me about it but since I've gotten to Washington it's almost as if I keep reliving my mother's death.

Every night I dream about her and what happened. I watch him chop her body up in front of me like she was nothing.

Interrupting my thoughts Christian sits on the couch in front me.

"Drinking again?" He asks with a hint of anger coming out

I wince at his question, mainly because I hadn't realized that I've been drinking often.

Pushing my feelings aside I shrug in response and down the rest of the scotch.

"Kennedy I've been patient enough but now I'm starting to get tired of your shit" he says as his voice starts to elevate

I laugh in response, "if you're tired then take a damn nap Christian, and what's with the cussing now? You breaking your promise to your mother?" I ask knowing I'm treading on thin ice.

I've been like this for days and I know I'm dealing with a ticking time bomb that's about to explode but I don't care.

"Careful Kennedy," Christian says in a deadly tone. His eyes darken at my comment. "You may be my wife and I might love you but believe me I can put you in your place"

I stare at him. I know I can poke him further but it's best not to. He's been nothing but supportive and right now I'm being nothing but a brat.

"I'm sorry," I say in a whispered voice. "I'm scared that I'll lose. I'm scared that he'll take me or he'll kill me before I have the chance to live a happy life with you. I keep reliving the way he slaughtered my mom and I keep thinking that tomorrow he'll kill me the same way or worse kill you just to teach me a lesson"

A moment goes by before Christian responds. "That's not going to happen, none of that is going to happen. I want you to communicate your feelings with me love. I don't want you to drink away your problems."

I stay silent and stare at the wall behind him.

Tomorrow is the day we take down Alex. Part of me wants him to suffer and the other part of me wants an easy and quick kill.

"What time is the raid?" I ask for maybe the hundredth time today

"Four in the morning. So get some rest. I'll be in Tony's room if you need me." With that he gets up, kisses me on my head and walks out the room.

Once I'm left alone I'm the room by myself again my mind starts to run wild once again.
*************************************************
Flashback:

"Mommy can we get ice cream? I don't like cheesecake." I ask

"Ummm how about we ask daddy?" She retorts

With a smile I grab my mother's hand and slip down the hallway to my father's office. Without knocking I open the door, only to be greeted by four men who surrounded my father's desk.

The chatter stops once the door opens and everyone looks angry.

"Hello Di," says the tallest man in the room.

My mother ignores him, "Alexander she wants ice cream and I was wondering if, you know because.."

"This is where I stop you Diane," my father says as he stands from behind his desk. "As of lately all you care about is this thing" he says as he points to me.

"No I.. I care about you Alexander but she's just a child." My mother pleads

"She's a fat disgusting piglet, who loves sweets and because of you she doesn't have nice skin. I told you I wanted you to abort her and you did not listen." He says pulling out his gun.

"Alex, she's the only child I'm allowed to keep. I'm begging you just let me take her to the ice cream shop next door and you can do whatever you want with me tonight." My mother's sorrowful words echo in the office.

My father walks around his desk with a blade in his hand and stops in front of me. Stooping to my level he stares at me, "for the life of me I can never understand why your mother cares for you. You're worthless, you are my greatest failure because you made the woman I love weak. Let me make this promise to you Kennedy. As long as I live if a man ever loves you the way I love your mother, I will make your life a living hell the same way you made my life hell."

My heart hammers in my chest. He grabs my wrist and makes a small slit the with blade. I barely feel it. "I did that because the cut will heal, and you might forget this promise, but Kennedy I never forget. EVER!" With his last word he shoves me towards my mother.

Quickly my mother picks me up and runs out of the office to the kitchen.

End of flashback
*************************************************
I watch the clock tick until the time is now two thirty. Just as I get up from the couch my room door opens and Christian walks in.

"Are you ready?" He asks

I answer with a simple nod

"All this time I was looking for motive. I wanted know why he hated me so much, but then I remembered he always hated me because he thinks I made him kill the one woman he has ever loved." I whisper.

I know Christian heard me but he stays silent. After few moments pass I feel him wrap his arms around my waist.

"Promise me one thing Bella, promise me you won't do anything to get yourself killed. Promise me that we'll make it out and have fifty children and move back to Florida." He whispers in my ear

I laugh at his statement, "fifty children? I was thinking seventy five."

I feel him smile against my skin, "whatever you want, just promise me those things."

"I promise my love"

We stay like this for a long time. Only now I realize the Christian is my safe haven, he is the only one who gives me peace.

But now all that has to be put on hold.

I should be scared and worried but I'm not because I know how this story ends. Scared Kennedy died the day I had a miscarriage.

I want vengeance. I want blood, and like my husband always says, I can't get what ever I want.