Chapter 13

Kennedy

The warehouse was filled with Frank's screams and yet they had gotten nothing out of him. I'm not sure if it was how loud he was but it was really starting to piss me off.

Christian basically ordered me to his office like I was some child. Apparently I wasn't allowed to watch. Normally I would stay and obey, but it felt good to do something. So I let my inquisitive thoughts get the better of me.

I walked towards the steps that lead to the basement where the screams grew louder and louder. The basement reminded me of a prison death row. It reeked of blood and other bodily fluids. I almost turned around and went upstairs, but a guard approached me.

"Ma'am boss said you can't be down here." He said in a stern voice.

"I am well aware of what your boss said, now if you'll excuse me." He grabbed my wrist and started pulling me towards the step.

"Now I wouldn't consider myself a delusional man, but my eyes have got to be playing tricks on me, because I know you did not just put your hands on my wife!" Christian's voice boomed so loud I could've sworn the warehouse shook.

He cocked the gun, "I don't repeat myself" boom boom. Without hesitation he shot him twice in the head. The guard's body dropped.

My body was frozen as I looked at the now dead man. When I looked up at Christian he was covered from head to toe in blood. His eyes were darkened with fury and rage, it was like he wasn't even there anymore.

This should have had me screaming and crying like I did when my father killed my mom, but I knew what the mafia entailed. I knew that I was married to the head of the American mafia, and I knew his reputation for killing people.

"If you're gonna freak out and cry go upstairs. I don't really have time to deal with that right now." His voice was laced with anger but it had another emotion behind it.

"I'm not going to cry. I came down here because I was to see Frank. You clearly haven't gotten anything out of him, so let me try." I assumed I'd have to start begging, but instead he nodded.

I followed him to the cell where Frank was. It smelled like vomit and piss. I almost gagged by not only the smell, but the sight of him. All his finger nails were gone, he had a couple of missing toes, a missing eyeball, and quite a number of slices. If he didn't talk soon he'd eventually die from his wounds.

The cell got quiet. Everyone eyed me carefully, probably thinking I was going to cry and scream or maybe beg for his life.

Instead I looked a the table to my left, it had all kinds of weaponry. I took up a blade, firecrackers, and matches. "Wake him up."

Trey poured some water on him and immediately he looked up at me. I almost felt bad, he almost looked innocent. Almost. But there was something behind his eyes that said otherwise.

He let out a laugh that caught me off guard. "I know you looked familiar I just thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. Your papa told everyone you died." He said with his French accent prominent.

"Really? That's funny because I look pretty alive." I said with sarcasm.

"That you do, but what about your mama." He laughed again. He knew he struck a nerve. "Your mama is dead, yes? She was a beautiful sexy woman. It's a shame she.." before he could finish his sentence I took my blade and stabbed him in the balls.

He let out a scream the lead everyone to cover their ears. "Rule number one don't you EVER talk about my mother. Let the dead Rest In Peace." I pulled the knife from his balls. "Now, let's get to business shall we? Where is Alexander?"