Chapter 10

Christian

I was starting to regret this trip because for starters Elora won't stop talking, Trey is blasting music, and Tony looks like a lost puppy. My annoyance was through the roof.

My phone began ringing, when I pulled it out the person on the line was the last person I wanted to speak with. I excused myself and walked towards one of the rooms on the plane.

"Alexander... what a surprise." I was bluffing. I'd been expecting a call for a while now because for starters I haven't accepted his four million dollar check. He claimed it was a kind gesture to help him get rid of someone useless.

"Cut the crap Christian. Why is it you won't accept my check. That thing that lives with you eats like a whale and I.."

"Alexander I'm gonna stop you right there.." my tone was deadly. My anger was through the roof. There are very few people I care about in this world. When I said I do to Kennedy I meant every word. I value vows so I wasn't about to let a colorist who clearly hates himself disrespect Kenny anymore. "From my understanding you're a real bitch who likes to beat down innocent women. You may have been my father's friend but you are not mine. So don't you ever call my phone again. Oh and if I ever hear you talking bad about my wife again I'll kill you without question."

I hung up without giving him a chance to respond. Once I opened the door my eyes immediately landed on her. She was still sitting in her seat with a book in her hand. I would be lying if I said she didn't look cute with her glasses on.

I took my seat beside her. "Have you eaten yet?" I questioned. Her body tensed and I already knew my answer. I was many things but stupid wasn't one of them. I pulled out a nature valley bar from my pocket. "Here eat this." She didn't answer but she took it gladly.

I was still angry by Alexander's words but I did my best to hide it from her. She has yet to see my dark side and I am not sure she'll be able to handle everything.
____________________________________

Kennedy

Once we landed I could feel the excitement through my body. I was in another country for the first time in my life. Walking off of the plane I saw two cars a white G-wagon and a matte black Audi R8. I began waking towards the G-wagon when Christian took my hand pulling me towards the r8. I immediately stopped in my tracks.

He turned to me looking confused with furrowed eyebrows. "Kenny what's wrong?" He asked.

I bit my lip contemplating if I should be honest with him, instead I just kept walking and went into the car. After driving for about thirty minutes we arrived at a secluded bungalow resort. There were only two. As if he could read my mind "yes they are both mine and I don't like people so I made sure there was a house for me and one for anyone else who decided to come with me."

I chuckled. I walked towards the crystal clear ocean and smiled.
*************************************************

Flashback:

"Mommy when I get older I'm going to have a house on the water. Like the ones we see on tv." Every night mom talked about traveling and how big and beautiful the world was.

She picked me up and twirled me around "my beautiful princess when you get older you'll be able to be who ever you want and you'll have the freedom to go anywhere you please." She started tickling me.

I giggled "When I have my house on the water I want you to come and live with me. I want you to see how big and beautiful it's gonna be"

Her smile remained, "oh my sweet sweet angel. Where ever you go I'll be there with you always"

End of flashback
************************************************
For the past few months I hadn't had time to think about my mother or Alexander. I had been so busy training I forgot yesterday was mother's birthday. Sadness and guilt crept in my heart. I rolled my eyes and pushed my feelings aside. In order to get through this vacation I need a strong drink.

I walked into the house Christian and I would be staying in. It was beautiful with white walls and dark hard wood flooring. The decor was simple yet lovely.

"You'll sleep in my room" a voice boomed from behind me. I practiced jumped out of my skin.

"You scared me!" I said with a shaky voice and a hand on my chest.

He had a slight smirk on his face. "Your clothes are already in our closet so no need to worry about clothes. Elora said to tell you that she's tired now but to be ready by eight tonight."

I was glad Elora did not want to hang right now. I desperately needed alone time. So I simply answered  "okay"

"I have some business to tend to. I'll be back late" was all he said until he walked out the door.

I did want to be by myself but now I felt lonely. I hated the anniversary of mom's death. It always made me relive everything that happened that day. I walked towards the bathroom and turned on the bath.

There was a touchscreen speaker next to the light switch that played any music I wanted. I started playing Stay by Rihanna. I had a lot of emotions going through my body.

My pain and frustration was slowly turning into bitterness. I'd known that for a while now. It's one of the reasons I did well with training. On all of the targets I pictured Alexander's face on them and it made it easier.

I hated him for taking a away the only person who made me feel whole. My mother was everything. I sunk down into the tub as tears streamed down my face.

I could still see hear her screams and see the fear on her face like it happened yesterday. I can still feel her blood on my hands as I tried to wake her up.

The more I thought about it is the more I felt sick to my stomach. Agatha tried to get me to go to therapy, but my sperm donor said it was unnecessary and that I was being dramatic.

I looked up to the ceiling, "mom I miss you." Was all I was able to croak out before I bursted into tears. I wasn't sure how long I stayed in the tub. All I know is that I needed a drink. I walked toward the in home bar and poured myself some scotch.

I walked out towards the deck. I didn't even admire the scenery of the sea below and around me. I simply sat in one of the chairs and sipped the bitter alcohol.

Deep down inside I wished I could be with her, I'd attempted about four times and Agatha was the one who found me each time. After the fourth time my father beat me to a pulp. I eventually gave up because clearly I was put on earth to suffer.

I put the barely sipped scotch on the ground. I wasn't stupid, alcohol wouldn't make me feel better. Nothing and no one could. I was broken beyond repair.
*************************************************
I hadn't realized I fell asleep until I heard the door open. I thought it was Elora but when I turned around I found Christian frozen in his tracks staring at me.

"What happened?" His voice seemed tense and angry.

"Nothing I wanted to try some scotch but I didn't like it." I tried to sound happy and enthusiastic.

He continued to stare at me wordlessly. I was mentally tired and didn't have time for a staring contest, so I tried to walk past him to go to the room but he gently grabbed my hand. "Go change into something casual. I want to take you somewhere."

I wanted to say no, I wanted to stay and lick my wounds, but indulging in self pity was getting me nowhere. "Okay" was all I could said.