Chapter 33

PAVLO

I am crazy and desperate.

I begged my friends—Moira and Ivo with the help of Chantal to throw this masquerade party for me, so I can kidnap my wife.

She didin't want to talk to me, didn't want to face me.  This is the only way I could make her to talk to me.

This is against the law.  I may end up in jail for doing this.  But I do not care.  I just want to talk to her, to hear me out.

Moira told me that I become crazy when I am in love.  Yes I am.  I am not in love with her.  I love her.  She is my life.  Without her, I will be a completely moribund—no life and empty.

Hiding behind a mask, I kept my distance from her when I spotted her with her date.  Chantal told me that she is wearing a blue evening gown tonight and even exert an effort to send me a picture of my wife tonight.

She looks so enthralling tonight with her blue gown.  Plus the mask she is wearing made her more beautiful and mysterious. 

I am smiling because she is covered up to her neck.  Chantal did a great job at choosing her date.  I must say, the guy is as ugly as sin.  Now I pity my wife to be with a guy like that.

Breathtaking—that  is all I could say.  It is like seeing he for the first time.  I feel sorry for all the eyes who covet her for she is mine.  She is my wife and my life.  I can't see any other woman there but her.  Her bump makes her more beautiful.  She is carrying our child, the fruit of our love—the fruit of her love for me.

Everything is perfect at the party.  I let my secretaries, Steve and Audrey plan this party.  From the themes to food, and the songs, everything is perfect.  But it will be more perfect if my lucky stars will let me have my chance to have her back.

When the song played, I saw her downcast face as she looked at the people dancing on the floor.  I hope she remembers the song—our song.  I gathered enough strength to walk towards her to ask for a dance.  I hope she says yes.

"Miss," I said as I approached her.

"May I have this dance?"

Behind her mask, I couldn't see the emotions in her eyes, but I felt her stiffened.  Without waiting for an answer, I held her hand and lead her to the dance floor.

"You are as beautiful as a seraphim.  I am the luckiest man alive in this ballroom," I started to say.  She just stared at me.  I think she already knew who I am.

"Don't melt me with a stare, my seraphim," I told her.  We started to move to the dim light and and start to dance.  I pulled her close.  The familiar scent of her hair: strawberries and some other fruit filled my nostrils.  I closed my eyes.  I love the feel of her in my arms.  I want this dance to go on forever.  I want her back in my life, to wake up each day seeing her by my side.  This will be my chance to win her back.  I will do everything in my power to convince her of my love even if it meant groveling at her feet.  I felt her jerky movement on the dance floor.