Chapter 5

PAVLO

Time is running.  I am still unmarried.  I needed to find a wife—fast!  If I weren’t for my grandmother’s revision on the will, I wouldn’t be stressed like this.  I exhaled exasperatingly.  This is nothing but outrageous! O theé mou.  All I could do is to swear on the thoughtI can’t believe that she is serious about what she has told me.  I must find a wife or I will say goodbye to my dreams of having the company—and the Agapi Nisi.

I stared at the contract made by my Attorney Iñaki Torres.  This stipulated marriage should work.  I exasperatingly breathe out an air as I scan the contract.  I believed in many things. People need to work their butt off to accomplish a goal. One needs to control their anger and resorting to reason when something becomes confrontational.

And making an empire.

That dream of building a Shipping empire started when I was young.  When I used to look up to Nicholas Vera-Perez, the great Shipping Emperor in the Philippines.  All I want is to be like him.  I used to imitate the way he dressed, his ways and even the way he talked.  Until he was caught having a mistress.  He was the reason why our family got broken.

He is the reason why I don't believe in everlasting love, marriage and family. Since then, they made no sense at all.  Pare-pareho kami nina Ivo at Iñaki. But Ivo changed 360 when he married Moira.  He is very happy though a little in-denial at first.

Iñaki is the romantic one, especially when Shanelle is still alive.  After that, he stopped, lived like Ivo and I—realizing the life of the most sought bachelor.

But Yiayia detest my image.  She doesn’t want me to be a most sought bacherlor.  She wants to be happy and inlove.  She outrageously believe that I will be a great husband and father—unlike my father.  I am so stressed out, I need to shake this off.

***

When Pavlo gets stress he would run on the treadmill instead of smoking or going to bars.  He has been sober for a year and would like to free himself from those sinful vices. But sometimes when he gets really stressed he gives in and puffs a stick or two.  He is very fond of classical music.  He detests hip hop at other loud musuic.  He plays La Triviata especially when he is working out.

Pavlo likes to be in control of things. Sabi ng iba sa kanya, may pagka control freak siya kung minsan.

All of his employees needs to update their Evernotes.  He monitors all of their tasks and even gave them a format to be in control. When someone go against the format, he or she will be given a memo.  So much for being a control freak.

PAVLO

Why don't I like marriage? Well I have been and out of relationships but one thing is just clear, all women wanted marriage.  Marriage means messiness.  Yun ang nalaman ko kina mama at papa. They fought about emotions, they fought over who's going to take care of me, hanggang sa kinuha na lang ako ng lola ko sa kanila. Nakailang hiwalay na rin sila hanggang naisipan na nilang magfile ng divorce.  Hanggang sa magasawa na silang pareho at hinayaan na nila akong mag-isa.