04

I let out a huff as Lydia is chatting away to Allison about the allegeable hot guys on the lacrosse team that she could set her up with.

"...Malena of course only has eyes for that guy she's always hanging out with. What's his name again?" Lydia asks breaking me out of my trance. 

"His name is Stiles, Lydia. And I do not have a thing for him. I don't want to be in a relationship okay?" I hiss at her and she rolls her eyes as she turns back to Allison. 

"Smooth huh?" She asks with a laugh as I elbow her side. 

"Hurry up so we can get to the damn field," I say rolling my eyes as I pull the both of them forward. 

I can hear Allison laughing at Lydia and myself but I just shake my head as I drag them over to the bleachers so we can sit and watch the practice. Scott looks up from his conversation with Stiles and he sees Allison and breaks into a massive grin. I roll my eyes and Allison waves at him and Scott waves back just as Coach comes to stand in front of him. I let out a snicker as Coach throws him the goalie lacrosse stick and a bigger helmet. 

"Oh no," I whisper quietly and Allison looks at me. 

"What is it?" She asks softly and I shake my head. 

"Nothing," I say with a smile and turn back to the field and Stiles looks at me with a small smile and I smile back at him. 

I turn to Lydia and see she's watching Scott with a strange interest as though she's never noticed Scott before and I sigh as I turn back to the field.

"Who is that?" Allison asks as she looks at Scott and then back at both me and Lydia. 

"Him? I'm not sure who he is. Why?" Lydia asks and I roll my eyes. 

"That's Scott McCall, Lydia. He's been in our class since elementary school." I say shaking my head as I look at Scott who has his head tilted in our direction. 

Allison smiles as she looks back at Scott for a second. "He's in my English class." 

I smiled as I looked back to the field just in time to see Scott get hit right in the face with the lacrosse ball from Lydia's jackass boyfriend, Jackson. 

"Hey, way to catch with your face McCall!" He calls out and everyone in the team aside from Stiles begins to erupt into laughter. 

Scott stands back up with a determined look on his face and waits for the next shot, to my immense surprise he catches the ball before it hits the net. Everyone in the team seems stunned by his ability to do so and Stiles stands up to cheer him on. 

Scott stands with more confidence this time as he waits for the next player to throw the ball. He catches the next 5 shots with ease and Coach is staring at Scott dumbfounded. Besides me, Allison smiles. 

"He seems like he's pretty good," Allison says smiling at Scott. 

"Yeah," Lydia says, and I notice a change in her tone. She's not pretending to be a bitch anymore. "Very good."

"Much better than usual," I mutter under my breath as I keep my eyes on Scott. 

I can see Scott's hopeless smile through his helmet and he bounces on the ball of his feet and grins as he turns back to the line of players in front of him. His expression seems to drop as he sees Jackson pushing to the front of the line to try and have a go at Scott. 

Jackson runs as fast as I've seen him run before and tosses the ball into the net with all the strength he can must but Scott moves forward and catches the ball so quickly I'm almost sure I missed it.