18

The constant habit of having to look over my shoulder for a hot guy walking towards me with the intent to kill whilst I shit myself isn't a habit that I particularly enjoy, but it has become something I do quite frequently.

Scott is pulling both of me and Stiles by the arm as he takes us both outside.

"So you killed her?" Stiles asks as Scott has just finished telling us about his dream.

Scott shrugs exasperatedly. "I don't know! I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

Stiles raises an eyebrow at that and I sigh, knowing where this is going. "Really? I have." He smirks at me, using his hands to gesture his words. "Usually ends a little differently..." He trails off when he sees me glaring at him.

I slap him over the head. "Gross."

He shrugs and Scott also shakes his head.

" A, I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B-" He turns to Stiles with the same disgusted expression. "Never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

Stiles rolls his eyes but nods. "Noted."

I take a deep breath before turning to Scott, knowing what I'm about to say is something he doesn't want to hear. "Let me take a guess here-" I start but Scott stops walking and cuts me off.

He turns to me. "No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

I frown, "That's not what I was thinking," I say. Knowing full well it was.

Both Scott and Stiles know me too well, and they can both tell I'm lying. I sigh. "Yeah, that's it."

Scott sighs and Stiles scoffs as he slaps Scott on the back. "Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

I look at him 'Seriously?' I mouth and he shrugs, before mouthing back his response 'What?'

Scott nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, not a class. But maybe a teacher." He says as he continues to walk past both me and Stiles who share a look.

"Who? Derek?" Stiles demands and Scott doesn't say anything but pauses walking.

He shrugs before smiling slightly.

"Did you perhaps forget the part where we got him tossed in jail?" I hiss, trying to keep my voice down and

Scott rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus. It felt so real." He says, using the same tone of voice as I had before.

Stiles scoffs and rolls his eyes in disbelief. "How real?" He asks sarcastically.

Scott shrugs. "Like it actually happened, I don't know." He says and we resume our walk down the hallway to the big double doors that face the outside.

Stiles and I push them open together but I come to a stop and Scott smashes into the back of me.

"What?" He demands and pushes past us before stopping as well.

I stare in shock at the crime scene that is waiting for us out front of our school. Sheriff's deputies have taped off a crime scene around one of the buses. The back of the bus is splattered with blood, and the emergency exit door has been almost completely ripped off and is hanging by a single hinge at the bottom. A crime scene investigator is snapping photos of the wreckage, including one of the back seats, which has been clawed open and is spilling its stuffing out onto the floor.