15

Night has covered Beacon Hills in a blanket of black, and we're still looking for Scott.

I sigh as I roll my shoulders back, hearing them crack as the stiff joints roll out of place and back. "We should just give up. He'll show up somewhere, you're just burning gas now." I say as I point to the petrol symbol in the dash which is getting close to empty.

Stiles lets out a sigh in frustration. "You're right."

He does a turn, heading towards my house and his own and I let out a huff of exhaustion.

"You've still got lacrosse right?" I ask and I see Stiles groan.

"I'd almost forgotten." He shakes his head. "If Scott isn't at the game I swear to god I will kill him myself." He murmurs darkly and I snort.

"I'd love to see you try," I say, grinning at him and he rolls his eyes.

Stiles picks me up on the way to the lacrosse game, we sit in comfortable silence the whole way there. Neither of us mentioned the fact that Scott had disappeared the whole ride to the school. Once we got there we parted ways. Stiles headed for the changing rooms and myself to the stand. Lydia and Allison were both already here, so I just had to locate them in the small crowd that had gathered.

I pull out my phone to text Lydia when someone's shoulder slams into me, making me drop my phone.

"I'm so sorry!" The person says, bending down to pick up my phone.

I sigh. "Don't worry about it, it happens all the time," I say smiling slightly as the person looks up, flinching slightly.

The person was a guy who had brown hair and strange grey eyes and a black eye that didn't go unnoticed. He hands me my phone and I smile. "Thank you," I say and he nods, as he begins to walk away.

"You're welcome," I hear him murmur, almost shyly.

I turn to watch as he leaves heading towards the changing rooms, and I notice his jersey number and last name.

Lahey. 

I shake my head, turning my phone over in my hand to ring Lydia once more.

I manage to find Lydia and Allison without too much hassle, they sitting in the stands, Allison with her dad and Lydia beside them both.

I swallow loudly as I look out to Scott on the field, remembering what he told me about Allison's father.

I force a smile as I walk over to the three.

Allison's dad smiles at me as does Allison. "Dad, this is Malena." She says gesturing to me and I smile tightly and give a small wave.

Her father holds out his hand, in an offer for me to shake it. "It's nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you from my daughter." He says flashing Allison a grin. I shake his hand with a nod of my head.

"It's nice to meet you as well," I say and take a seat in between Allison and Lydia, turning to the field.

Allison loops her through my own as she points to where Scott stands on the field. "Does he seem nervous to you?" She whispers and I observe him from where we sit, knowing full well he can probably hear us.

"He seems..." I pause searching for the right word. "Agitated." I condemn.

I see Scott's head fall to the side and I know that he did hear me.