𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘝. 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Chapter 35: Spilled Secrets

"Your new life is going to cost you your old one." —Unknown

" —Unknown

🕸

THE RAFT

LOCATION: ATLANTIC OCEAN

JULY 2, 2016

🕸

AURORA expected she would be cuffed and monitored when she arrived at the Raft, not wanting to risk her having an outburst. It's been a few days since the team was stranded in the highly secured facility in the middle of the ocean, bored out of their damn minds. Each one was taken away to be interrogated and now she was placed in a barely lit room with hands chained to the metal table. Of course, the other agents would observe her, seeing the not-so-conspicuous mirror on the side of the left wall. Leaning against the chair as she muttered some lyrics that first popped up in her head, not once hearing someone coming in.

"Miss Stark," Thaddeus Ross stated as he began looking through her file, not once letting her silly antics distract him. She heard him the first time but decided to test his patience with how long he'll keep repeating... she counted seven times.

"It's Hunter actually, Stark is my father's last name, not mine." Aurora chirped with a small grin, holding her hands together as they were perched on the table. Looking at her nails since there was nothing else to entertain herself, besides listening to him talk in a droning manner. 

"Experimented at the age of five with an unknown serum, trained by various officials that were all HYDRA agents, and started complying with high official missions after the attack on New York. Anything else I'm forgetting?" The man analyzed the folder's contents, scanning the photographs that held her dark lifeless eyes looking at the camera footage. The other papers were the list of people she assassinated, all high-ranked international agents— and to think that a teenager was capable of doing unspeakable things.

"How about the youngest super-soldier in HYDRA history? Daughter of Tony Stark and Diana Hunter, sorry— Athena Parthenos who happens to be Thor's sister-in-law. Perhaps you heard of him? Anyway, not to mention they're both important people who have more power than you..." The teenager smugly answered, moving slightly forward with the sound of the chains clinging to the metal desk.

"I assure you, Miss Hunter, I haven't. What you did today proved where your allegiance lies." The Secretary put down the folder, she calmly glanced at it before taking the photograph of her and the Winter Soldier together. Inhaling a sharp breath... if only they knew what he did for her years ago. No one understands him like her, he may have been a killer but this wasn't the life he wanted.

Neither did Aurora.

"That Bucky Barnes is innocent," Her voice slightly croaked as the girl thought about him. Putting the image back while composing herself, looking him right in the eyes as she anticipated his next move. He nearly wanted to chuckle but all that came out with a deep frown, as if he knew something she didn't.