Chapter 9: The Memory

Chapter 9: The memory

"Lilly, come back. Daddy's going to take us to the fair today." My mother beamed at me, she was so beautiful, inside and out.

"Hello darlings, ready to leave?" My dad said, while putting on his coat. He was quite tall and strong and I looked lovingly up at his face. It would one day be known behind a mask.

"But mommy, I sew da bee outsiwd." My three-year-old voice replied

"We can look at the bee later, sweetheart, but the fair wont wait for us." My mother stated, picking me up and resting me on her hip.

"Can I pweeze haf hot milk befowr we gow." I begged, trying to make my eyes as big as possible. I used to call hot chocolate hot milk, I could never remember the word for chocolate.

"Ok then but we need to hurry." My dad replied, going into the kitchen to make it himself, he was the only one who knew just how I liked it.

"Honey, I was wondering if we should move." My mother called after him. Me only being three, started playing with her hair.

"We can't leave Gotham, it's home."

"Yes but it would be safer for Lily if we move." My mother replied, taking the 'hot milk' in a sippi-cup and passing it to me, which I greedily accepted.

"Rachel.." My dad sighed, "Lily's making friends and i'm building a life here, what about your friends? What will they think?"

"I dont care, I could always just call them. Besides Lily can always make new ones and so can you."

"This isn't about me!"

"Well it seems like it from-"

"Mommy," I interrupted finally done with my milk, "Are you angwy at daddy?"

"No, sweetheart, why dont you go play for a while. Mommy and daddy need to discuss something quickly."

"Okay!" I squealled, dropping the sippi-cup and running outside. I really wanted to see that bee.

"You can't always have what you want! Think about your daughter!" Came yelling from inside, it started to scare me so I walked down to our gate and started looking for the bee that I saw.

"Buzz Buzz" I called, hoping to attract it.

Suddenly a bright blue butterfly zoomed past my cheek and I giggled, trying to catch it. It was on the grass next to be so I pounced after it.

"Gotcha!" I yelled cupping my hands together. My hands started tickling so I opened them to look inside.

"Aaahh!" I shriecked shaking the cricket I caught off my hands. That was so gross. I sat down, trying to find the butterfly amongst all the flowers that we had in our garden. The purple ones reminded me of a nursery rhyme. We always used purple sock puppets at pre-nursery school while singing it.

"Round and round

The malberry bush

The monkey chased the weasel.

The monkey stops to pull up his socks-"

I frown, trying desperately to remeber the rest of the words though they sounded all babyish at the time.

"Pop goes the weasel...." I whisper, seeing a blue light among the flowers. I thought it was the butterfly but my hands closed around something smooth and round.

Looking at it in wonder, I saw a marble. It was bright blue that turned dark after I touched it. A magic marble. I giggled again and turned around to go show mommy.

All to quickly, I felt material wrap around my face and pull me backwards. Almost making me drop the magic marble. I was lifted and shoved inside a van and the hands released me. But before I could scream, another sweet-smelling material was shoved on my face.

I was out before I could hit the floor.

I'm not going to go into detail with what happened. One because I cant cause of the darn microchip and two because I dont want to. It was bad, lets leave it at that.

The blackness cleared from my head, I was nine years old now. I was handcuffed to a chair and in front of me was a man. A man covered head to toe in shadows. I tried to not be afraid, I just wasn't at the lab anymore. No biggie. Kinda.

"Ssshh, little lamb, you are home now." His voice was soft as silk and I was immediately hypnotised by it. "You'll have to excuse what comes next, Lily-flower. I promise you that the pain will subside."

________________________

A peircing scream jolted me awake, maybe it was my own. Bloody bastard was right in my dream. It did. And I couldn't help but miss the feeling of belonging I had with him.

"So it seems you did miss me." Laughed a soft voice from the darkness.

Ok, so I know that was short but i'm sorry. I need filler chapters, something BIG is about to go down.

Enjoy

xoxo

Gosspi Girl

............. nah its still me