Chapter 04

Anticipation was in everyone's faces, waiting for someone to finish the line after the storm that happened on the Middle of the track. Every Player has bruises from the accident yet they pursued to win the game and stood up on their feets, with groans they pushed their motorcycle back up again to stay on track.

Without knowing anything, I watched the big screen infront of me while waiting for my father to win the game like how he promised he will. Mahigpit ang hawak ko sa jacket na binigay nito bago maglaro at taimtim na naghintay sa kaniya para lumitaw sa aming harapan. As a child I was deeply loved by my father and racing will always be a sport that binds us together. He is the best racer for me, he's fast and he always win no matter what.

The little me yells in excitement seeing her father appear from afar. Even the crowd cheered for her father, asking him to win the game and take the trophy home. Napatalon ako sa saya at sinundan ang aking ama na patuloy ang pag maneho patungo sa finishing line.

Ngunit napakunot ang aking noo ng makita ang suot nitong helmet na puno ng dugo na naging suliranin sa aking ama para makita ng maayos ang dinadaanan nito. Patuloy ito sa pagmaneho at patuloy rin ang paghiyawan ng tao sa aking paligid. When suddenly he starts to lose control of his motor. Mas lumapit ito sa bakod na linagay sa aming harapan para maiwasan ang mga aksidente sa laro, he rested his head on the glass dividing us as the motor he's in keeps on moving towards the finish line.

The look of horror in my face was seen. I was scared, i was worried but i couldn't do anything because i was just a child.

Just like that, he crossed the finish line which made the crowd grew wilder yet the motor didn't stopped and continued towards the side of the speedway. With a frown in my eyes i ranned towards the side to find a way towards him. And when i did, i jumped and started running to stop my father from crashing. I was naive, I didn't want to lose him...

"CELINEE!! NOOO!!" I heard my Mother yelling at me as she catched up after me. I avoided the motors coming at my way towards my father and i cried seeing him crash against the wall. Nadaganan ito ng kaniyang sasakyan at natanggal na ang helmet na promo-protekta sa ulo nito, his right hand was resting to his chest while his left starts to reach out for me. He seems to be asking help so I ignored my Mother. I tried to approach him but Tito Hemer suddenly came pulling me in his arms as he tries to cover my eyes.

He was preventing me to see the tragic sight infront of us, yet i found a way to remove his hands on my face and i was horrified.

With one last smile, the engine exploaded... with him

"DADDY!!!" I screamed. Napaupo ako sa aking kama at napasabunot sa aking buhok habang pilit na pinapakalma ang aking sarili dahil sa masamang panaginip na iyon. Paulit ulit ko na itong napapanaginipan simula nung mangyari ang hindi kaaya-ayang insidenteng iyon, yet the pain is still fresh in my heart.

And It never fails to haunt me.

I tried to forget it, I was in rehab too for 5 years— yet up until now, the wound was never healed. Cause everytime i dream of it, it opens new bruises that slowly kills me. I hate that i can't escape it...

I wanna forget the pain, but It's impossible.

I sighed, gathering my shits together. I've lived 14 years after that incident and i won't waste any bit of it. Kinuha ko ang telepono ko na nasa tabi ko at hinanap sa contacts ang pangalan ng pinsan kong si Lancer. He is the person i trust most after Hani, he was there everytime that i needed someone to do things for me and he never fails to amaze me. And since 3 years ago, we started working together to bring justice to my father's death.