Chapter 15

"I have an announcement to make," Napunta lahat kay Nana ang atensyon namin at hinintay ang nais nitong sabihin. Hesitation is seen on her eyes as she continues to look at me, and judging by the way she stares at me I feel like I already know whatever she wants to say.

Is it about her?

"Criza will be coming back to the Phillippines this week, and I hope we could all gather again to welcome her warmly on our home." She requested.

Tsk. Why is she acting like, that girl is one of us? Hindi rin naman sila magka-dugo dahil anak lang sa labas iyon ng Ina ko. A daughter she had when she married my dad. So basically she's older than me, and my father accepted her like his own, treating her like a princess, that's why we never got along with each other.

I hate how she compete's with me for my father's attention, on how our mother only noticed her and spend time with her. Kaniyang-kaniya na nga ang mommy namin, pati daddy ko kukunin niya? I was a lovely girl when it comes to my father, but when he turns around— I become the brat he never thought i'd be.

When he died she was mourning like I am and then we never saw each other again, cause she went to the states to study business and to help Nana with the company that was supposed to be mine. However, I turned Nana's offer down and entered the life of an actress. Why? I just hate responsibilities.

Tiningnan ko ang cellphone ko at muling binalingan ang bahay na nasa harapan ko. The house itself Isn't that huge and fancy. Simple lang ito at bumagay sa mga bahay na narito.

They painted it blue and it reminded me of my father's favorite color. May mga halaman sa paligid nito at sa harapan ng mismong bahay ay may mga taong may ngiti sa kanilang mga mukha. The happiness is seen on their faces as they talk to one another.

Abala ang ilan sa mga ito sa pagiihaw at ang iba ay kumakain. Then, a familliar face came out of the gate carrying plastic chairs for the people infront of their house. He has wrinkles on his face but the way he smile stays the same. It's sweet and It's warm just like before.

Pagkabigay nito sa mga upuan ay bumalik muli ito sa loob. Shit, I need to go.

Napahinga ako ng malalim bago binuksan ang pintuan ng sasakyan ko at lumabas rito. Buti na lamang at sementado ang lugar nila, dahil kung hindi baka nahirapan pa akong maglakad. I didn't give much thought about it earlier and grabbed my heels, my black v-neck body suit and my high waist jeans, then drove for a few hours just to get here.

Masakit na rin ang katawan ko at pagod na pagod ako sa buong biyahe. I've been driving for 7 hours! Umalis ako sa manila exactly at nine a.m and arrived here 7 hours later.

Fuck. Will this be even worth it?

Sinara ko ang pinto ng kotse ko at sinuot ang sunglass ko tsaka linapitan ang mga taong abala sa kani-kanilang buhay ngayon. They saw me approaching their direction and I heard alot of whispers that made me bit my lip.

"Hi Miss, gusto niyo po ba ng barbeque? Wenno siyak iti kaya't mo?" Isang binata ang nag-alok sa akin ng hawak nitong pagkain at ako'y kinindatan pa. The heck? Ganito pala kaharot ang mga kabataan ngayon.

(O baka ako ang gusto mo?)

But damn it, I don't have all day, I need to answer the questions in my fucking head! Where is he?

"Annay! Haan nga napansin!" Tawa ng mga kasama nito.

(Aray! Hindi pinansin)