Chapter 36

Sometimes you have to leave in order to come back to it later.

I did. I came back, and my heart is in delight to be back.

I roamed my eyes around the AirPort and I could feel my tears forming in my eyes. I was gone for a year and the feeling to be back in this place is fluttering me. I missed this place so much, and I couldn't describe the feeling my heart is emitting right now.

It feels unreal to be back to this place. The place where I felt both love and pain, happiness and sorrow. My home, where I am accepted and loved.

I'm finally back.

And this time...

I'm fucking better now than I was when I left.

Kaagad kong pinunasan ang mga luhang nagsituluan sa aking mukha at tinakpan ang aking bibig para pigilan ang aking sarili sa pag-hikbi. But my happiness was over flowing and I couldn't stop myself from crying.

Naramdaman ko ang kamay ni Hani sa aking balikat kaya't liningon ko ito at sinalubong ang kaniyang yakap. It took me by surprise, but I hugged her back.

"I'm happy too, Celine." She sniffed, patting my back with her hand to give me comfort.

"I'm so happy for you," she pulled away and cupped both of my cheeks, looking at me full of affection in her eyes. Naiinis ko siyang inirapan dahil mas lalo niya akong pinapaiyak, which made the both of us starts laughing like fools.

"Ang drama mo gago ka," I laughed and fixed my hair before taking my sunglass out of my bag.

"Wow! Ako lang?"

"Ikaw kang naman OA sa ating dalawa eh," i chuckled.

"Wow! Sino kayang umiiyak sa banyo dahil may namimiss dito sa Pinas? Tangina ka, sabunutan kita diyan eh." Gigil na giit nito.

"Shut up, Hani!" Why does she have to mention that? I looked away embarassed.

It's not weird okay? And It's not funny at all.

I mean, a year is alot ok? Sinong hindi maiiyak, I was home sick.

"Andiyan na sundo natin," she said that caught my attention. Lumingon ako sa tinitingnan nito at nakita si Lancer na may hawak hawak na bulaklak at cake.

He approached us with a smile on his face. Nang makalapit ito ay kaagad niyang binigay sa akin ang bulaklak at cake na hawak nito, and I smiled seeing the flowers he gave me.

Roses. My dad used to buy me roses all the time and I used to put them in a jar until they wither. I smiled remembering those great moments and looked at Lancer.

"Welcome back. I missed having this brat so much," he pulled me closer and hugged me.

"After not seeing me for a year, yan ang una mong sasabihin?" I scoffed.

"Di mo nga sinabi sa akin na kasal kana pala," I rolled my eyes at him while staring at the ring on his finger. We use to tell each other everything, but I guess this is his payback- dahil hindi ko rin naman sinabi ang tungkol sa amin ni Aiden sa kaniya. But now he knows. Everyone knows.

"Engagement ring," he chuckled.

"Ikakasal ka?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. But Who is the unlucky women?

"Magiging ama narin-" Hani stopped talking when Lancer gave her a deathly glare on her way. And It's so damn weird. Para silang tanga,

But If they are keeping something from me, they must have a valid reason for it. And besides, their business is not mine.

And speaking of business, the reason why I came back flashed to my mind again and the smile on my lips disappeared. Hindi ako mapapanatag dito hangga't hindi ko siya nakakausap. I'll deal with her first before I surround myself with the people I love.

"Let's go. I have something urgent to do," I ordered.

"Sure thing, Princess."

We made our way to his car and when we got there I immediately asked Hani to call Shawn for me on her phone and asked him to meet me. Hearing my voice, it seems like he wasn't even surprised to know that I'm back. Guess he is aware of my undying affection for his brother.

Anyways,

If I want to end this the fastest way, I'll call the person whom I know could handle this situation well. He's a mafia boss, he's the best at interrogating people. Aarte pa ba ako?

"About the photo, Celine- are you sure that It's not edited?" Lancer asked while driving. Our eyes meet at the mirror and he immediately looked away when he saw my serious gaze.

"Pinuntahan ko siya kanina bago ko kayo sunduin, and she is not even moving, She's just staring at the wall like a creep."

And I wonder how long she's gonna keep that act up.

"I learned from her," I guess we the talent for acting in our blood.

"And about Lucas, no one had seen him since his career went crashing. Tsaka, paano naman sila nagkakilala?-"

"You are smarter than this Lancer." I sighed.

"You should know a liar when you see one, specially if you are one. It's like identifiying same colors on a ball pit."

I am Liar and I won't deny that.

The signs showed up infront of me but I was blinded by my love towards her. Kaya niya ako nauto, but now that I am raging in anger- I'll put her to her place.

I am your daughter. If you're cunning, then so am I.

They dropped me off on a near cafe and that's where I saw Shawn playing with his keys. Our eyes met and a smirk appeared on his lips, and they never failed to irritate me.

"Hello, Princess."