Chapter 34

"Daddy!" Celine shouted, running towards her father who just got back from work. The tired man was suddenly energised again from seeing the little girl and flashed a smile.

He bent one knee and embraced Celine lovingly.

The both of them were inseparable. Kahit gabi o umaga pa man iyan, palagi silang magkasama. And people around them thinks they have this adorable bond that would never be broken. Clayton love his daughter more than anything in this world, and he is willing to sacrifice anything just to make her happy.

"Sir, we have an urgent meeting with our invest—"

"Not now Jane, my daughter needs me at School." He cut her off with his words as he proceeds to fix his tie.

"Pero sir baka magalit po si Mrs. Grace kapag malamang hindi na naman kayo sumipot sa mga meeting para kay Celine." Pagpilit ng kaniyang assistant.

Everytime Celine needs her, he will go running towards her. Kahit maliit na bagay pa man iyan, katulad nang pag-iyak nito dahil sa nawawala ang kaniyang paboritong pajama, he'll be there for her. And alot of their close relatives really admires him for that.

"Jane, my daughter is more important than this meeting. You get that right?" He said seriously, but as he notice the women getting scared he gave her a smile and gave her a tiny pat on her shoulders before leaving.

"Ingat po kayo sir," pahabol niya.

He is kind to everyone, he is selfless, and when he loves—he gives his all. Iyon siguro ang nagustuhan ni Nicole sa kaniya. His first love.

But unfortunately, they had to part ways because Nicole chose her profession and left the Phillippines. And That's where Clayton met Grace. He is alot of things, but out of all his good deeds— being a loving father that he is, stands out most.

Nahagip ng kaniyang mata ang kaniyang anak na kasalukuyang masama ang tingin sa mga batang naglalaro sa harapan niya. Nakapatong pa ang kaniyang braso sa kaniyang dibdib at hawak hawak ang wallet na binigay pa ng kaniyang lola, because she tends to buy anything that she sees— kaya't binigyan na ng sariling pera para hindi maabala ang kaniyang yaya.

She was rotten spoiled by everyone, mostly her father.

"Why is my Princess sitting alone here?"

Nang marinig ang kaniyang boses ay kaagad na lumingon ang bata sa kaniyang ama at nakangiti itong yinakap. Her mood immediately changed and giggled.

"I thought you won't come," she pouted, raising her chin to look at her father.

"I'll always come whenever you need me, princess." Pinisil nito ang kaniyang pisngi at inayos ang buhok ng anak.

"Let's go!" She squeeled, pulling her father's hand towards the field, as It's filled people celebrating Family Day.

As usual her Mother didn't came due to business matters, but she was happy enough to have her father on this occasion.

One time they sneaked out of their mansion in the middle of the night just to buy Celine an Ice cream. And they strolled around the city just to look for an open store. He wanted her to have everything that she wanted, even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to tire themselves just to find an ice cream that she won't even finish eating.

They have this secret handshake that only the both of them knows. They also communicate with these weird hand signs that they learned together when Grace scolds them.

They were each other's best friend. Telling each other secrets and stories about their day. They were so adorable, and everyone was happy to always see them together. Ang iba nga naiinggit dahil napaka-perpekto ng buhay ni Celine.

At such a young age she met famous celebrities, due to the fact that her father is one of the best racers in the world. She even watched Emma Watson film Harry Potter with the cast.

"Criza is so ugly!" Pangungulit ni Lancer sa kapatid ng kaniyang pinsan habang naglalaro sa play ground ng mansion nila.

"Mas pangit ka! Mukha kang frog!"

"Omg, Lancer is a frog? Is your Mother Tiana?" Celine asked innocently that made her father and her Nana chuckle from watching them play.

She was living the perfect life with her father, to the point that even her mother became envious of her.

She neglected her daughter and made her feel like she doesn't even hold any affection for her. And then that day came.

And her perfect life, crumbled to pieces.

"DADDY!!!" A scream full of remorse and aching. A scream that haunted her forever in her dreams.

She lost the person that would risk everything just to make her happy. She lost the only person that would drive her to town just to bought her ice creams and candies. So she lost herself.

As a child that was always dependent on her father, it was hard to live without him. And so she lived with the pain of losing him, and it made her miserable, pitiful and pathetic so she thought.

As if her life was a fairytale, but she woke and reality hits her hard.

She was fragile, so she broke.

And she looked for a safe place to hide herself, and encountered the darkness that consumed her, that accompanied her all her life.

Marami ang namamatayan pero nakakabangon parin. But the thing is, she was a child who knew nothing about this world. And her Mother went nuts, so there was no Mother who told her that everything's gonna be alright. Meron ang Lola niya, but her Mother by her side, would've been different.

She needed someone that will sit with her in the dark. But instead of being vocal, she created a mask that she wore all her life. She completely lost control of herself and her emotions.

She was haunted.

Mahirap ang mawalan ng minamahal sa buhay, lalo na kung ang taong nawala pa sayo ay ang kumukompleto sa iyo. Her heart was shattered to pieces.

But maybe it wasn't just the trauma of watching her father die that causes her heart to isolate itself.

All along, it was her Mother.

She can't let go of the past, because her Mother can't either.

However, It's different now thanks to a special someone who stayed by her side, and inspired her to change. Thanks to Love,

She's healing.