Chapter 22

I wasn't paying attention to where our lives were headed, not until this thought entered my mind..

  Someone always dies, before the happy ending. 

   I shivered, and Cam tightened his hold on me, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. He thought I was cold. Truth was, I was sweating, but not by heat. By fear. It overpowered me.

  "So now what, do we just keep walking?" I asked, unaware of anything else around me, just wanting out.

   "I guess, I mean, we've already went down 2 flights of stairs, if we just keep going, we might exit the building in one piece. We'd get there faster if we ran.." Daniel answered nonchalantly. 

  I nodded. Then cocked my head to the side, facing Cam, "Cam, do you remember when we arrived here? I fell asleep in your arms that night, on the cold road. I never did ask you how they got us here." I asked, listening for any gasping or grumbling.

  Nobody made any movements, just Cams lips moved slightly as he spoke, "After you'd fallen asleep, I picked you up, and just started walking back to the police station. You didn't move much, so it wasn't hard," He said when he saw my reaction, "I had only gotten so far, when this black van drove up. I tried to run, but it was difficult with you in my arms, so they knocked me down, using you as an advantage. They shoved us in the car, and I guess I passed out or something, because I woke up in that dark room." He shrugged.

  So it was my fault that we got trapped in this.. castle like place, trapped for days. But then again, if it wasn't for me, maybe we wouldn't have found Jess, and been escaping right now. Everything happens for a reason, I guess.

  When I didn't answer, Cam pulled me closer to him, his hand sliding away from my hand, and to my lower back again, I felt like he was assuring me that everything was going to okay. 

  How come we weren't outside yet? Why were we walking at our own pace, I wanted out, now.

  "Can we run out? I don't want to be in here any longer, I'm honestly really sick of looking at this place, and it smells like mold!" I explained, and Jess laughed at me, nodding his head in front of us. I turned around. Right in front of us was giant doors, not as big as the doors Cam, Daniel, and Cheyanne were kept in, but doors to really fit the scene of this castle like place. I gulped and looked behind me, making sure there was no one to be seen around us, stopping us from exiting.

  "I hear... footsteps.." Cheyanne muttered. That girl has hulk hearing!

  "Me too.." Daniel whispered. As he finished talking, the doors in front of us to the outside world squeaked open, slowly, slow enough for us to hide in the dark corner on either end of the hall. Jess and I over in one, and Cam, Cheyanne and Daniel in the next. The darkness kept us completely hidden from whomever was entering. 

  To our utter astonishment, in walked none other then Avrey. Slowly, like he was expecting something, he turned on his heel, and I buried myself closer to the corner, in the darkness. 

  "Well, what are you waiting for, bring them in." Avrey ordered, then same as before, he turned on his heel and walked silently down the long corridor.

  Seconds later, after Avrey had disappeared down the hall, and around the corner, two men entered the castle, one holding a clearly unconsious woman over his shoulder, with ease, another carrying a man. The woman had shoulder length black hair, it covered her face, so it was hard to get a good discription of her. The man had dirty blonde hair, short, but long enough to wave back and forth as the men walked through the hall, following Avrey.

  Just as I was about to exit the dark corner, another man strolled in, I gasped aloud when I seen exactly what was in his hands, and he didn't seem to hear me, as his eyes were still lying upon the small baby he cradled.