Chapter 28

I got an idea, and Im jotting them down so I don't forget.

   Jess' POV ;

      I ended up staying behind as Cheyanne and Daniel strolled ahead of me. We didn't have any sense of direction, and we wern't really trying to find it. We slowly edged in the direction Cam left, and the direction Casey would have followed him in. I wouldn't lose hope in her, like I've lost hope in humanity. Were there any good souls like Emma anymore? Emma wouldn't even have a chance to be with her family. Ever. Who's fault was that? Ours. 

   I felt like jello. Unable to do anything with my life, but really feeling like I should. I knew I couldn't just sit here and let this life control me and take me over, but I knew there was nothing I could do, besides run around this endless maze, and look for my sister. Casey, where are you?

 Cam's POV ;

     Morning comes faster when you're alone. 

     Cannon and Prim escaped without us. They took the car and just left. They just left us behind to rot. Left us to die. Left us in Avreys arms. I felt sick. 

  Casey's POV ; 

   I couldn't see my earth, but I could see hers. The woman with flashing red hair. She was beautiful.  She shocked my life. She awakened me. She had whispered to me, but I didn't hear what she spoke. We were on a field. It was snowing, and the trees were dark and cold. I called to her, trying to run, but I was being held back. Then she was gone.

  Rough hands held on to me, and I smelled the musty, earthy smell of his skin. His hands were covered in mud, and they rubbed on me like a canvas. He turned me to face him, as I watched my mother escape the handling of her daughter. The man holding on to me wouldn't let go. He shook me and I thrashed and screamed! I screamed for her to help me, I screamed for her to come back and stay with me. But it was too late. The man had gotten me, and his face had become my worst nightmare. 

 ****

    I was curled up on the ground, my eyelids fluttering open when I heard the voices. My eyes strayed around open and closed, the sound of birds chirping kept me stable, and the sun sweeping over the trees kept me there. 

   I heard twigs cracking and my eyes snapped open, I stayed on the ground until the footsteps became louder. Then there was whispering, like they saw me and were trying to stay silent, and I stood up, so very slowly. I twisted in circles to see who was coming near me, my body was stiff and cold. Wet from lying on the ground for hours. I almost called out, but there was countless times that I've yelled at the television for idiots in horror movies going in doors that pretty much read 'DANGER'.

  I backed up, and hit something, twisting around, a small scream escaped my lips. A tree, just a tree. I pressed my back against it, trying to camouflage myself.

  "Hello, little lady." a voice I recognized called out, a small, child-like voice. I gasped, and slowly turned around to face the man I never wanted to see again, unless there was metal bars between us.

  I faced a big man, he wore dark blue jeans, and a black jumper. He cocked his head at me, his dark eyes glared at me, while his mouth was wide open in a smirk. "Louis.." I breathed, and he chuckled, his head straightening up again.

  "Well, what do we have here?" He spoke the same words he did the day we met, mocking me. I tried to sound non chalet, but inside my heart fluttered faster than a humming bird. "Louis."

  He chuckled again, "The one and only." I clenched my fists.

  "Leave me alone Louis. Just let me go, Jess and Cam will be back any second. You don't want to come in contact with them again, do you?" I lied through my teeth, and he didn't seem to buy it.