Chapter 13

Jess's POV:

Sneaking out of the girls bathroom, I never really expected it to be this way. I don't really know I generally expected it to be, my mind was too fumbled up to think properly, and my brain was fuzzy. But this was definatly my first time in a girls washroom, kinda weird. I tried to shake off the thought.

   This door was too close to the wall, it also opened inwards, so I had to squeeze against the wall, while opening it slowly, so the door pushed me harder against the wall. 

  I poked my head out, and I didn't see anyone coming, nor did I hear any footsteps. Or even worse, shouts, yells, screaming out, "There he is!" I shivered.

  As I was just about to back into the room, a female voice whispered from somewhere far off to the right. I stopped, and listened to the silent calls, "Kid, hey son, look over here, are you alright? Where's the girl?" she whispered. 

  Turning my head to the right, and stepping one foot out of the bathroom, I spotted the female nurse that had examined Casey kneeling on the floor. Nurse Sarah. I looked her in the eye, and I nodded. She gave a curt nod, and stood up. 

  I was about to mention for her to sit back down, Sam and Ashton could be anywhere, and she can be dead with a simple bullet to the brain, but she came so quick that before I knew it, she was pushing me back into the bathroom, and softly letting the door close behind her. I breathed again. 

  She pushed me through the hallway, until we were in the open area. Cam and Casey weren't talking, and I suddenly got terrified, a rush going through me, Nurse Sarah must have felt the same way, because her face had gone suddenly white.

  I pointed to a closed stall, the one right in the middle, and she charged for it, crashing it against the wall, and I froze.  

  Cam and Casey froze, too, we all heard the screaming outside, we all heard the clicking of heels as they charged down the hall toward us. I slumped my shoulders, and waited for my doom. 

  *****

Casey's POV:

 The unfamiliarity clashed, and I looked into the sad, longing eyes of Nurse Sarah. Her eyes filled up, and I could tell she knew it was her fault that we were going to die. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, but I also wanted to hug her, wanted to assure her it's okay, and that it's not her fault. I wanted to kiss Cam, since this is probably the last time we would see each other. I wanted to hug Jess, tell him he's amazing, thank him for being the best friend, and caring brother that I needed. I couldn't move to do these things. My feet didn't want to.

  Instead I cried, I cried like a baby, only now, I felt like one. I felt like crying for my mother, and wishing I could see her. I felt like crying for Jess, although I knew he hated to see me cry. The silent tears escaped me, and I didn't stop them, I didn't want to. I looked into all the eyes of my friends, and family, as their eyes filled up, too. 

  Cam looked into my eyes as I looked deep into his. I knew he didn't want to be like his father, and that he'd do anything to keep me and Jess safe. I looked deeper, into his candy coated soul, and I felt the heat he gave me, so powerful, so filled with protection a father would have for a daughter. I didn't look away from his eyes, and I suddenly feared he would see my ongoing love I had for him. I almost laughed. 

  We waited, and the footsteps came closer, but we stayed silent, not wanting to speak, just wanting to look at each other, take in the last look of our loved ones.

   I tensed at the steps came closer... then they passed right by. Headed farther away from our little hideout in the girls washroom. I gasped, and I wasn't the only one.