Chapter 10: Smile!

3rd POV
------------

Hoseok sleeps peacefully with a few dried-up tears on his cheeks.

He kept hearing his name, but it sounded far away from him. Water was poured on him, making him jump out of his bed.

"Hoseok! Wake up! You'll be late for school again!" His mother's shouting was now audible to him.

Hoseok jumps out of his bed after his mother left. He quickly changed into his school uniform and ran to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

He checked his phone. 5 missed calls from Y/n.

Hoseok smacked his face. He felt horrible for having her go by herself on her first day of school. He told her he would take her.

"Good job dumbass." He scolded himself.

He idmitietly went to text her.

I'm so sorry! I overslept! I hope you made it to your new school. Again, I'm really sorry 🥺

He typed.

He waited for a response, but nothing happened. He sighed.

"She must be in school." He told himself.

Hoseok put on his shoes and left through his room window. He checked his phone one last time before leaving for school.

*******

"Why are you late, Jung?" The teacher asked as Hoseok entered the classroom.

All eyes were on him and the whispers were everywhere. His friends were on the side closest to the window. They all gave him thumbs up, praising his behavior.

"I--"

"Take a seat." The teacher interrupted him.

Hoseok bowed before going to his seat.

"Yah, you left to have more fun for yourself, right? You dog." His friend laughed.

"Take us with you next time. If it got you to be this late it must've been some real fun."

Hoseok noticed the looks his teacher sent him and decided to ignore his friends.

His head turned to the right to look at the rows from the other side. Amongst them, his ex-girlfriend sat. She met his eyes for a split second before looking away, permanently ignoring him.

Hoseok looked sadly at his desk. He tightens his grip on his pants before relaxing. He always messes up.

*******

Meet me at the park next to our buildings

Hoseok's head parked up as he read Y/n's message. A smile appeared on his face as he idmitietly texted back.

Yes!

What time?

He waited a few seconds before his phone vibrated again.