Chapter 23: Game

3rd POV
-------------

Yoongi walked peacefully through the streets of Daegu. Today was his free day, so he agreed to meet up with Y/n. He only agreed if it was after school because he didn't want her to miss more school than she usually does.

She still missed the self-study sections at the end, so she was out much earlier than the other students. She was a working progress for Yoongi.

At first, Y/n had to do some convincing to get Yoongi to come. Yoongi found it hard to say no, especially after receiving her irresistible puppy sad eyes.

It was a long way, but Yoongi had finally arrived at their meet-up destination. He took out his phone to text Y/n when he was suddenly attacked by a tiny creature, a puppy.

The dog barked at him with all its might but Yoongi laughed as it sounded like a toy dog.

Yoongi squat down to pet the puppy, but the puppy growled at him. Yoongi laughed once again at the puppy's cuteness before picking him up.

"Do you have a name puppy?" He asked the dog and he pet its head.

After a few more pets, Yoongi let the dog down. As he let go of the dog, he heard deeper growls. He looked up and saw the puppy's mother. Yoongi gulped.

He slowly backed away from the puppy with his hands extended in front of him for protection.

"Look, your kid is safe, I didn't hurt it." Yoongi told the angry dog.

Yoongi and the dog stared eye to eye, but none of them moved.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi recognized Y/n's voice coming closer. He cursed under his breath as the dog's attention was grabbed by Y/n.

"Stay there!" Yoongi yelled at her.

He slowly walked backwards to where she was. He kept waving his hand toward her while staring at the dog. Y/n was confused, but she grabbed his hand.

"What's up with you?" Y/n asked.

"1... 2... RUN!"

Yoongi took off dragging Y/n with him. The dog followed them as it barked.

While Yoongi was worried about their safety, Y/n was laughing and enjoying her time.

"Why are you laughing?" Yoongi questioned.

"I didn't think you'd be scared of dogs." She answered.

"I'm only scared if they attack me!" He said.

Y/n let go of his hand and stood there to confront the dog. Yoongi stopped as well and yelled at her to keep running.

The dog finally reached Y/n and stopped. The dog growled before it ran away.

Yoongi stared in amazement and disbelief. He jogged to Y/n and stared at her.

"What?" She asked.

"How did you do that? It looked like it wanted to kill us!" He asked.