Chapter 21: Horse

3rd POV
-------------

Ever since Jimin heard of Y/n's story, he's felt more related with her. And with Y/n being a stranger in his social life, he felt more relaxed and open about his feelings. Since Y/n is always on the bridge, Jimin always hangs out there and just talks about anything with her. How his school was, childhood memories and whatever was on his mind.

Out of everyone he's talked to, Jimin felt more comforted by Y/n's words. Her way of consoling him was different from everyone's. While others tried to talk to him out of his inner guilt, she listens and understands. She's made him feel more normal with his feeling and is patient with him when he has his breakdowns.

Over time, progress was shown in him. He smiles more often, his grades were improving, and he has been eating more. He's not forgotten about Jae-Hwa, but he feels ready to start moving on, just like she had wished.

"Jimin-ah! Are you coming or what?" His friends called from the classroom door.

Jimin gathered his things before rushing out of the classroom with his friends. As they got lunch, Jimin had a thought.

Y/n had done many things for him, he felt the need to do something nice for her as well.

*******

Just as expected, when Jimin arrived at the bridge, Y/n was already there.

"Y/n, hi." Jimin caught her attention.

Y/n turned around and smiled at him.

"Hi. How are you today?" She asked.

"I'm doing great! I had a test today. I studied hard for it, so I hope I scored well on it." He said.

"Really? Well, if you don't pass, I'll be disappointed." Y/n said.

"Hey, Y/n, are you doing anything today?" Jimin asked.

"Hmm... Not that I can think of." Y/n answered.

"Then, you don't mind if we hang out today?" He asked curiously, hoping to receive approval.

"Sure. I'd be glad to hang out today." She said.

Jimin and Y/n left the bridge together. They walked to the nearest park and talked. After a while, Jimin left Y/n to get some snacks.

Jimin got some ice cream for the two of them. He walked back with the ice cream and gave one to her.

"Jimin, are you busy tomorrow?" Y/n asked.

"No, why?" He asked.

In reality, Jimin had plans with his school friends, but those can easily be canceled.

"My school has a swimming competition and a friend of mine is competing. I wanted to show some support and thought that I could maybe introduce you to him." Y/n said.

At the word 'him,' Jimin felt something in his chest. He didn't like that feeling.

"Is he a special friend?" Jimin asked, pushing away his strange feelings.