Chapter 18: No Distractions

3rd POV
-------------

Jin pulled up to the bus stop and it was empty. Jin rubbed his eyes in frustration.

"Aish..."

He slowly drove along the road. He was only 14 minutes late, so Y/n couldn't have gone that far. He kept the window down to keep his vision clear as it was dark early due to the colder weather.

He had his headlights on at their highest setting to help spot her easier. At a distance, he saw two figures walking. As he got closer, he recognized Y/n's backpack.

"Y/n!" He yelled.

Y/n turned her head, along with the guy next to her. Jin glared at the guy, as he didn't have a school uniform and he didn't look like a student at all.

"Oh, Jin?" Y/n asked.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Jin said.

Y/n looked at the guy next to her. He only smiled.

"Your ride is here, now I don't have to walk you home. Take care." He told her.

Jin felt enraged. Y/n seemed like an innocent nice girl who would trust anyone that smiled at her. Jin felt the need to protect her because of that.

"Ok. Call me if you need anything." Y/n bowed before walking over to Jin's car.

Y/n felt awkward from the look that Jin was giving her. Even though Y/n didn't know Jin that well, she had a feeling that she was about to get scolded.

"Isn't he a little too old for you?" Jin asked as Y/n got in the car.

"Hm?" She turned to him.

"That guy. He didn't look like a student." Jin said.

Y/n awkwardly side-eyed him as she put on the seat belt.

"Ah, yes, he isn't a student." Y/n said.

"You know, Y/n, you're a small young lady, you should be careful with anyone you go near and talk to. Especially if you don't know them that well." He told her, but it felt like a scold to Y/n.

"Then... should I get out of the car?" She asked.

Jin perked up his head and quickly glanced at her.

"What?"

"I mean, I don't know you that well, yet here I am, in your car." Y/n smartly remarked.

"Well--"

"And you almost killed me too, let's not forget that. How would my parents feel if I got in the car of the man that almost ran me over...." She said in a wondering voice.

"Yah... I'm different, ok? I know I wouldn't do anything to you." He said.

"Yeah, but would I know?" She asked.

Jin didn't respond, as his scolding would only backfired again. After her small win, Y/n smiled confidently.

"I'm sorry I was late." Jin finally said.