Chapter 5: Golden Boy

3rd POV
------------

"You can win, Oppa!" A girl cheered in the crowd.

"Go! Jungguk Oppa! Go!"

Jungguk swam ahead of his competitors, eventually winning the race.

He got out of the pool to receive his trophy of 1st place. All of the girls in his school cheered, including girls from other schools. He was very popular amongst girls.

His coach gave him a towel as he cheered him on.

Jungguk was a 1st year, and him winning against juniors and seniors gained much attention to himself. He was the talk of schools as he was so great.

Excited about his victory, Jungguk called his father. No answer. He tried again, but nothing. He then called his mother. No answer. He tried again, and at the last ring, she answered.

"Yes?"

"Mom, I won!" Jungguk told her. "I got first place in the competition!"

"Oh my! Baby! That's great! I'll cook something for you, your favorite food."

Jungguk grinned.

"Mom, I wished you could've been he--"

"Baby, I'm gonna have to go now, ok? I'm so proud of you! Bye!"

Jungguk stared at the phone in disappointment.

'Well, at least she's proud.' He thought.

"Jungguk." His coach called him.

Jungguk jogged all the way to his coach and stopped at a respectful distance.

"You did great today. How about we all go out to eat, like a team?" His coach suggested.

"I would like to, but my mom said she'd cook me dinner, sir." Jungguk bowed.

His coach chuckled and pats his shoulder.

"Then let's get you home, kid."

"Jungguk Oppa!"

A group of girls gathered around him, all bearing gifts and snacks for him. Jungguk tried taking as much as he could, but they were too much. The coach laughed as he helped with some of his gifts.

On the team bus, Jungguk shared all of his gifts with his team. They all sang their school's victory song as loudly as they could while they cheered.

Jungguk smiled at his team's energy, but he kept to himself as he kept checking on his phone for any response from his father. Jungguk had sent him a message informing him that he won the race.

They got to the school and Jungguk said his goodbyes as he had to walk home. He checked his phone one last time and sighed as there was no response from his father.

When he got home, he arrived at an empty house.

Jungguk check his phone as it rang.