Deal with the Devil • Part 2 •

"I think I have a name, not of the members but of the mastermind of this group who sits on his throne and watches the world getting drowned in blood," Alec said and glanced between everyone around him, contemplating whether it would be right to say it right now or not but decided for the cards to be on the table. If he needs to be with his mate and make things right, then his mate deserves to know the truth as soon as possible. "Asmodeous."

"What!?" Magnus and Luke said in unison.

"Alpha... what? Him? He's doing this? All... all these years, I was right beside him.... in the same house..." Magnus whimpered and Alec started rubbing his mate's back gently while placing his wrist above Magnus' nose.

"Love... calm down. Breathe. Breathe Magnus...."

"Kiddo, how can you be sure Asmodeous is behind this bloodbath? Killing all the omegas in the world... forming this... gang..."

"When I was spying on that gang... I found the Witches Lulls... where these people apparently had their den. I somehow managed to get in... and, I found a small graveyard there. There were several bodies of women and teens of around sixteen. When I checked...." Alec took a deep breath and held Magnus' hand. "Magnus, one of them was your mother." He said, and Magnus sucked in a breath.

"No.... No. Alpha, mama died... she..."

"Asmodeous might have lied to you, love. Those other women... they might have been his victims, because those children... they were Asmodeous', your half-siblings... all omegas. I believe that's why he hates omegas so much. None of his children were alpha, not even beta. I believe his hate for omegas had consumed him completely."

"Goodness... that's disturbing. That bastard has killed his own children." Luke said. "Alec, you do realize how dangerous this is? If Asmodeous finds out about you-"

"I know, Luke, but I'm done living in fear. These people need to go down. You do know how many innocents they have killed, right? And just because they are omegas. Nature has made us this way. Asmodeous and his fucking pawns have no right to have that kind of power. They're not god."

"But he's certainly a devil...." Magnus spoke, his voice trembling. "My... my own father... I hate that I'm his son." He sobbed and Alec gently wiped his tears. "Alpha?"

"Yes, love."

"You won't leave me again, will you?" The vulnerability and pain in those soft brown eyes broke Alec's heart into a million pieces.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." He cupped his mate's face and placed a soft peck on his temple. "I don't know how I'll fight this, but I'm not leaving you again. Never again."

******************

"What is this place, Luke?" Alec asked as they helped Magnus lay on the bed that had all the medical devices connected to it, like a mini hospital in the corner of a room. It seemed like a working setup, but Alec wasn't sure. The place they were in was underground, with several rooms like that of a hostel or dorm, but it also had a big living room with all the facilities one could think of, including this private hospital kind of setup.

"You need a safe place if you want to do this, kiddo," Luke said as he connected his mate to all those tubes. "And your husband needs all the medical support. Having cancer and pregnancy at the same time is rare. Plus, he was recklessly drinki-"

"Luke...." Magnus mumbled in a complaining tone.

"What, kid? You don't want me to complain to your husband?"

Magnus whimpered, making Alec suppress a smile. His mate was adorable. "Our child will live, right?" He asked. "And this cancer... Luke...."

"He's getting better, kid. The blood transfusion helped. And his cancer is only in its first stage so we need to focus on the pregnancy first. With the speed he's recovering, I have my hopes up. Your mere presence made a lot of difference."