VI

Serenity Jeon

I left Seungkwan earlier in my apartment as I received a call from Mage saying I had an important discussion to deal with. I almost forgot about that; fortunately, Mage was there to remind me.

I don't want to leave Seungkwan alone, but I have to attend that meeting. So I prepared him some juice and some sandwiches, hoping he would eat before he left.

Currently, I'm in the middle of a discussion with a big broadcast media company. I didn't want to get involved in this kind of business before, but they paid me big time.

I nonchalantly look at the assistant who explains what's going on, while beside her is her boss, Mr. Lim, the owner of SBS.

The company seems nice and all, but their company accepts bribery from dirty politicians, wealthy people, etc., in exchange for giving those dirty people a good image. Since their company is well known in Korea, most people automatically believe their articles and news, whether they are legit or fake.

On the other hand, I'm the one who cleans up their mess or negotiates with the higher-ups so that they won't be in trouble.

I own a law firm, but the law firm is just a front business. They think my law firm is reliable, as we justify some cases. If only they knew, we've done a lot of dirty work inside. We may publicise the cases, but after that, the suspect is free to roam the streets again as if he didn't commit a crime, but he/she must live with different names as it is my condition.

I know I shouldn't do that, but it made my life more fun and thrilling. My family is well hidden somewhere and has a well-protected identity. So they don't have anything to threaten me.

"I can order someone to put the money in the bank without suspicion. As always, in 2 days the money will be transferred to Mr. Lim's account," I said.

Mr. Lim, whose age is now in the 50's, smiles widely at me. He just received money from a politician; that's why he's here. "Thank you, Ms. . Jeon. You are really a trustworthy woman. You have been working with us for... 5 years, right?"

I nodded my head. Mr. . Lim chuckled and leant his back leisurely. "Do you have any boyfriends at the moment?" he asked, which made me scoff in my head.

"No, sir. That's because I'm not into relationships," I answered bluntly.

Because a guy like you made my trust issue worse.

"Aw, if you're into relationships, tell me, and I'll set you up with my son." He chuckled.

I faked a smile. I'd rather stay single than be with that rapist.

"No thanks, Mr. . Lim. Your son isn't my type," I said with whole honesty.

He laughs at my statement. "Oh, Ms. . Jeon, my son isn't that bad. I would like you to be my in-law. I don't mind if you beat him to pulp."

"This is why I like you, Ms. . Jeon. A smart and blunt woman," he chuckled.

Mr. Lim stood up and held his hand out to shake hands with me. I stood up from my seat and shook his hand.

"It's really nice to work with you, Ms. . Jeon. Till the next transaction," he said, letting go of my hand.

I gave him a cheap smile and nodded my head. "As long as you don't give me trouble, our relationship will be fine."

"Of course," he said. "We'll go now. See you soon." And Mr. . Lim left my office.

That's how we end our discussion with ease.