VIII

Serenity Jeon

"My babe! I'm sorry for calling you in the middle of the night! Something came up here in the company that I need your help with." Ara said in the other line of the call.

It's 7 pm in the evening and I'm here in my apartment, almost done with my dinner. Ara just called me now who seems to be in trouble.

"Yeah? What can I help you with?"

"It needs some legal action. You know I'm managing a boy group right? This member needs legal validation, so I was thinking you could help me?"

"Sure, I can help. But what case is this? A bullying again?" I said and rolled my eyes.

I have done bullying cases before. An Idol was found guilty for assaulting the victim back in their middle school era. But because I'm being paid a great amount of money, I made them innocent.

"If that's the case, give me a break." I scoff.

"No, no, no!" Ara frantically denied. "It's just about legal rights and so,"

"Oh okay, I'll be there. Just text me the address."

"You're the best! I'll text the address now. See you later." Then she hangs up.

I guess I'll pamper myself tomorrow instead. I'm planning to take a good rest tonight as I don't have work for tomorrow. But since she called me, I'll pamper myself next time.

I finished my dinner and placed the used plates and utensils on the sink. I washed my hands and quickly went away to grab my keys and bags.

It didn't take long when I arrived at the place Ara texted me. A tall building greeted me with a logo on it.

Hybe Labels

Damn. The owner of this entertainment must be rich. I stepped out of my car and made my way inside the building.

There are some guards standing on the glass door and asking for my identity. They were strict based on their tone and how they moved. Fortunately, Ara informed me of my arrival so it was somehow easy for me to get inside.

A wood scent filled my nose the moment I entered the building. My eyes look for Ara hoping she's near. I went to the lobby area to sit on the couch but my name was called by someone instead.

It wasn't Ara but I know who owns that voice.

I turned my back to face him and my guess was right.

"Serenity?" He blurted out with his face slowly becoming red.

"Seungkwan."

The both of us didn't speak later and the atmosphere suddenly got awkward. Maybe because of what he said a few days ago. I mentally sigh and give him a smile as if I wasn't bothered.

I wasn't bothered but I'm pissed.

"Oh hey babe, nice to see you. Why are you here?" I fakely smiled.

He cheaply gave me a smile and scratched his nape. "I work here. I should be the one asking you why you are here."

"I'm here for Ara. She told me to come here for legal rights and so on," I answered honestly.

"Seungkwan!" A voice called behind.

Soon after, the guy who called Seungkwan went near us. He has platinum blonde short hair and is taller than Seungkwan by a few inches. He stared at Seungkan then at me.

Surprisingly, he gave me a warm smile and slightly bowed which I also bowed.

"Oh hey, didn't see you when calling him. I'm Hoshi by the way," He said and held his hand out.