CHAPTER 34 - Coronation

"I don't- I don't," you panted. Then you took a deep breath. "I don't understand why people have the need to start wars." The three laughed lightly, agreeing with your statement.

You, Your Father and the Pevensies walked between the centaurs to the five thrones. When you walked up the steps, Aslan turned around behind you and you five went to stand in front of your thrones. You were in the middle, to the left of you were Susan and Lucy, to the right of you were Peter and Edmund.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant." Mr. and Mrs. Beaver walked in front of her, carrying the five crowns and Tumnus came behind them to place the elegant silver thing on her head. It was patterned with leaves and fit her head just right.

"To the Great Western Wood, King Edmund, the Just," Aslan spoke again. Edmund looked more awkward when the silver crown was placed on his head but he looked rather happy, still.

"To the Radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." Susan's crown was also golden and patterned with flowers.

"To the Clear Northern Sky, King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter's crown was the biggest and also golden.

Only yours was left. "And to the Mountains and Valleys alike, Queen Y/n, the Lightful." Tumnus placed the elegant crown on your head. It was mostly golden but it was decorated with silver flowers and leaves. You grinned lightly at your title. It hinted to both your optimistic personality and your magic.

Aslan turned around to talk to you five. "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

"Long live Queen Y/n! Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!" The crowd cheered and clapped.

Soon enough, the afterparty started and you felt good walking around as a new Queen. Yet, it got a bit tiring so you decided to join Lucy on the balcony. Both of you, along with Tumnus, watched as Your Father left. But you knew He would return.

Until then, it was your job to watch over Narnia. "Y/n!" Edmund called from the balcony door, saving you from the awkwardness of being with Tumnus and Lucy since they seemed engrossed in a conversation. "C'mon, let's go have something to eat."

You joined him with a grin, nudging him with your elbow a bit. "Why don't you go yourself? Scared to be the first?"

"A bit," he admitted shyly.

You giggled. "Don't worry, I was too."