Chapter 13

"So... do you remember our past lives?"

Bill nodded as he served you breakfast- pancakes, eggs, and sausage, which he somehow knew was your favorite. The night passed in a blur, and you woke up to (thankfully) be back in your human form. "I do. I can't believe I didn't see it at the beginning- how could I be so drawn to you when you were a child without realizing it? How did I not pick up on your powers?"

You took a bite of your food, then took one of his hands. "Tell me. What was I like? What were we like?"

Bill smiled as the memories resurfaced. "It was great. Every time we found each other, it was like the world didn't matter. Every life you had, you were just as beautiful as you were originally, but you're always so different. In your last life, you were a mermaid. Think of The Little Mermaid, if you will, except it was a nice witch and she let you keep your voice. You could also go back and forth between the human world and the underwater world. Everyone thought it was strange that you could talk to animals, but once that happened, I knew it was you. And in your original life, you were sweet, and charming, and wouldn't hurt a fly. The next one you had, you were a queen, overruling a huge kingdom, and had an army at your disposal, which you used constantly to grow your kingdom. But, every time you found me, you would go back to being your original self."

You sighed. "I wish I didn't have this stupid curse- we could live forever, and not worry about it."

"I've learned to live with it. I know I'll always find you again. Some times may be longer than others, but I will always cherish each timeline spent with you."

There was a loud, piercing ringing through the room. You jumped out of your seat, but it was over quickly. "What was that?"

Bill stood, as well. "I was just summoned. Care to join and see how I do my deals?"

"Where is it?"

Bill was silent for a moment, then scowled. "Gravity Falls. I know exactly who it is."

You nodded. "I'll come with. It would be nice to say my last goodbyes."

"Well... do you mind changing into your other form for me?"

"You just want to see it again." You teased, sticking your tongue out.

"What can I say? I'm a sucker for true beauty."

You sang a few notes before quickly turning into your demon form. You were confused for a moment, but Bill grabbed your hand. "It gets easier the more you do it. Soon enough, you can do it willingly, without needing to sing. Now, come on!" He changed into his triangle form before a portal appeared in front of you two. You smiled at each other before walking through.

Sorry this is short, I wanted to save the rest of it for its own chapter!