Chapter 15

It was dark for a long time. You thought the darkness was never going to end. You felt as if you were drifting through the inky blackness.

Suddenly, there was a light. A harsh light. You winced and groaned, and you heard voices around you.

"She's waking up."

You opened your eyes fully, now used to it, and saw a woman standing next to you, holding your hand. "How do you feel, June?"

You looked around, realizing you were in a hospital bed. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Her face was concerned.

"It's normal." You turned to your left, seeing a doctor. "She'll regain her memory in a few days." He turned to you. "Do you remember anything? What happened, who you are?"

You shook your head. "Not really..."

"What do you remember, sweetie?" The woman asked.

"I was... in a room. It was dark, there was rubble all around... there were five others. We were trapped. He kissed me-" Your eyes widened. "He kissed me? I... remember?"

The doctor shook his head. "You must've been dreaming."

The woman squeezed your hand. "You always had a vivid imagination. You and your friend were in a pretty bad car wreck. He survived with little damage, thank goodness, but you were in a medically-induced coma until they could fix you up."

"Your name is June Thornberry." The doctor spoke up. "This is your mother, Heather. You're in Gravity Falls Hospital."

You jumped. "Gravity Falls? I'm still here?"

"Yes, you never left the town."

"You'll be able to leave in a couple of days." Heather brushed hair out of your face. "You're doing better already."

"Yes, it shouldn't be long now." The doctor smiled at you. "You should be ready to eat real food after being on the feeding tube for the week. I'll go ahead and send lunch up. Heather, we should give her some space."

"Of course, doctor." She followed him out, closing the door softly behind.

You leaned against the bed, wracking your brain with the memories. I remember the long drive, and the statue, Dipper, Mabel, Stanford, Dad... Bill. How can I remember? I'm not supposed to remember!

Another short one, but it'll get good again, I promise!