Chapter 10

You rushed home, getting in your room through the window. You heard your father and Stanford talking in the living room, but ignored them. You sat down on your bed, searching in your mind for ways around this predicament.

Bill appeared next to you after a while. He looked at you, noticing the tear streaks on your cheeks. "I thought something was wrong when you weren't at the pool. What's wrong?"

You wiped your face. "They know. Dad and Ford know about you. About us." You rested your head on his shoulder. "And now they're saying we can't be together."

He shook his head. "We'll find a way around this, I promise."

You lifted your head. "How? How could we ever get around this?"

He shrugged. "We can do what people do in those cheesy romantic movies. You know, run away together, never to be seen again."

You blushed. "You mean, like, live together? At your place?"

He blushed, as well. "I mean, if you're okay with it! I mean, I'm okay with it, but are you? I mean-"

You started laughing. "You're cute when you're flustered." He blushed even more. "I'm okay with it if you are."

He grinned. "Then pack your stuff. We're leaving."

Suddenly, the door was thrown open. Your father and Stanford walked in. Ford immediately pulled a gun out of his coat. "(Y/n), get behind me."

You stood up. "No. I don't have to listen to you."

"(Y/n), we're not joking around." Your father glared at you. "Come. Here."

"No. I'm staying right where I am." You felt the same unexplainable energy from earlier. "I'm safe here."

"(Y/n), you don't know how dangerous he is. Step. Aside."

You moved in front of Bill, throwing your arms out. The same magic from earlier surrounded both you and Bill. "No. Neither of you control me. I get to choose the path I take. And I know in my heart that no matter what, I want Bill to be with me. So why don't you two do me a favor and leave us alone!"

In a split second, you and Bill weren't in your bedroom. You looked around, your anger dissipating. "Bill-"

He cut you off. "How did you do that?" You spun around to look at him. "How did you teleport us to my house? You don't even know where this is!"

"I-I don't know." You lied, sniffling.

Bill looked at you as tears fell down your cheeks. "You know what? None of that matters." He pulled you into a tight hug. "I'm sorry."

You hugged him back. "It's okay." You hesitantly pulled away. "But what are we gonna do now? My dad's gonna start a search... oh, God, what if they find us?"

Bill smiled. "They won't find us here, (Y/n). Never in a million years will they find us here. We're in a different dimension. And with that portal broken, they have no way of getting here." He looked at you as you wiped the tears away. "Okay, back to the magic thing. How long have you known?"

Your eyes grew wide. "I-I don't know-"

He cut you off again. "Don't lie to me. How long have you known?"

You sighed. "Only for about an hour."

"How? What caused it?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. I just started singing and it... happened."

Bill thought for a moment. "Then sing."

"Sing? I-I can't do that!"

He lightly grabbed your shoulders. "Yes you can. Close your eyes, ignore the fact that I'm here, and sing."

You nodded, closing your eyes. You searched for a song in your mind before singing.

Wow, it's been a while since I've published a chapter! I'm sorry for the long wait- I actually kinda forgot about this story until just recently. But here we are, and back at it again! Chapters may still be a little slow, as I've hit a writer's block for all of my stories, but I promise they'll still be coming out!!