Chapter 18

You walked out of the portal, face to face with Stanford. He stared at you, bewildered. "It... it's you? But how? Where are you?"

You shrugged. "I don't even know. I think it has something to do with the weirdness and magic magnet to this place. "

"But where are you?"

"I can't tell you that. But I'm safe, and I'm nearby."

Suddenly, Bill appeared next to you, looking at Stanford. "I just met with June, she's a weird girl..." He trailed off, looking over at you. His eyes filled with tears. "Tia... how are you here?"

"I found a new summoning circle." Stanford answered, gesturing to the circle drawn in chalk that you were standing on. "I wanted to try it. I didn't know it was hers."

He grabbed your hand. "Do you remember everything?"

You nodded. "I do. It may just be because I'm in this form, though."

"Can you change into your new form? I want to know who to look for."

You shook your head. "I can't, I'm sorry. I can tell you this, though: I really like berries. Look out for that."

His brow furrowed. "What kind of hint is that? That could be anyone!"

"I never said it was going to be easy." A portal appeared behind you, and you know it was time to go. "Goodbye, and I'll see you soon."

"Tia, wait-" Before he could finish, you walked through the portal again, and it closed immediately behind you. You quickly changed back to your new form, then jumped at seeing the man from earlier in front of you.

"Why are you playing games with him?"

"I want him to figure it out on his own. And, anyway, it's not any of your business."

"But you remember. You can run back to him, there's nothing stopping you."

"Who are you? Why do you think you can be in my business?"

He ignored your questions. "How is my magic fading? What are you trying to play?"

"I told you already, I don't know. I didn't do anything."

"Likely story. I will find out, and when I do, it'll be stronger than before." He disappeared.