Chapter 9

You finished changing and walked to the living room, being met with your angry father.

Angry? Why?

You smiled sweetly. "I'm ready to go, dad."

He shook his head. "We're not going to the pool." Your smile fell as you looked behind him, seeing Stanford by the door. "(Y/n), we need to talk." He gestured to the couch, and you sat down.

Stanford walked over to you, handing you his phone. "Does this man look familiar?" On the screen was a picture of Bill from yesterday, walking besides you as the both of you laughed.

Although there was no point in doing it, you lied about his identity. "Yeah, that's my friend Steven. Well, he's more than a friend. Yesterday was our first date."

Your father shook his head. "No. This isn't your friend, (Y/n). This is Bill Cipher, the most evil person alive. Hell, he's not even a person, he's a demon!"

"Not to mention he killed your-" Ford immediately stopped once he realized what he was saying.

"No, Stanford, please go on. What of mine did he kill?" You asked, even though you already knew the answer.

He sighed. "Your mother. He killed your mother."

You narrowed your eyes. "Enough about Cipher-" You glared at your father. "You lied to me? You told me that mom died in a car crash. You mean to tell me that you've been lying to me for fourteen years?" You stood up, face-to-face with him.

"This isn't about that. The point is, you can't see this Steven any more. He's dangerous-"

You cut him off. "You have no right to tell me who I can or can not be with." In anger, you ran outside and straight into the woods.

You ran for a while, finally stopping to take a breath. You looked around, realizing that this was the clearing where Bill's statue was. Where you first met Bill.

Your mind flashed back to last night, to the dream that you had. The girl was singing, and that's how she used magic. Can I do that? You searched in your head before finding the perfect song to sing.

I'm trying to hold my breath
Let it stay this way
Can't let this moment end
You set off a dream with me
Getting louder now
Can you hear it echoing?

Take my hand
Will you share this with me?
'Cause darling without you

You felt an unexplainable amount of energy course through you. You felt jittery and excited. You started dancing through the clearing, not caring who saw. Music started coming out of nowhere.

All the shine from a thousand spotlights
All the stars we steal from the night sky
Will never be enough
Never be enough
Towers of gold are still too little
These hands could hold the world but it'll
Never be enough
Never be enough

The energy swirled around you. It encircled you into a blue ball. It trapped you inside. But still you danced. Still you sang. You sang as if your life depended on it.

For me
Never, never
Never, never
Never
For me
For me
Never enough
Never, never
Never enough
Never, never
Never enough
For me
For me
For me

You stood in the middle of the clearing, arms out wide. Suddenly, the ball surrounding you disappeared as you fell to your knees, realizing that you still had to live on without Bill in your life

For me...

You sobbed into your hands. Cipher, where are you when I need you?