Chapter 6

"(Y/n), I'm going out for a few hours." Your dad called out. "Can I trust you alone here?"

You sighed. "Yes, Dad, you can trust me." You answered, walking into the living room. "It's not like I'll be throwing a party, or something."

He walked over and kissed your forehead. "Good. I'll be back."

"Bye." You waved him goodbye.

As soon as the door closed, you spring into action. You plugged your phone into a speaker, playing music as you cleaned around the house, vacuuming and such.

As you were cleaning the kitchen, your favorite song, "Warrior", started playing. You sang along with it, letting your guard down.

This is a story that I've never told
I got to get this off my chest to let it go I need you to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you still like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor
Is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

"Beautiful." You heard a familiar voice say. You turned around see Bill standing in the doorway, still in his human form. He smiled. "Absolutely beautiful."

You rushed to pause the music. "What are you doing here, Bill?"

He shrugged. "I just wanted to talk to you."

You scowled at him. "Well I don't. Get out."

"(Y/n), I know you want to talk about this-"

"No, I don't." You felt your body heat up.

He snapped his fingers, teleporting you to your room. You tried to run out, but he locked the door from the outside, trapping you inside. "Sit." He said, pointing to the bed. You sat with a huff, and he stood in front of you. "Now talk."

You raked your fingers through your hair. "I just... I don't get it. I mean, why me? Out of everyone in the world, why choose me?"

"Because you're different." You looked up at him. "You're different from everyone I've met. And that's saying something, trust me."

"But why did you kill my mom?" You started crying.

"I didn't want to, (Y/n). She was going to close the deal we made. I got angry and made her car crash." He kneeled down so you were face to face. "Don't cry, please."

You tried wiping your eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I can't help it."

He wiped them away with his thumbs. "I know. I... actually came here to ask you something."

You sniffed. "What is it, Bill?"

He rubbed his neck nervously. "Well, the summer carnival starts on Friday, and, well, I was wondering if, maybe..  you wanted to go with me?"

You almost fainted. The carnival? With Bill? Is he asking me out?

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing." He said, reading your thoughts. "So? What do you say?"

You sighed. "Bill, that sounds wonderful, but-"

"Just give me a chance, please?" He begged.

"I don't know..."

"Here, let's make a deal. If Friday goes well for the both of us, then we can keep going. But if it doesn't, I'll stay out of your way forever." He stuck out his hand, and blue flame surrounded it. "Deal?"

You hesitated before shaking his hand. "Deal."