Chapter 20

"So, what's up with you two?"

Bill shuffled closer to you, glaring down Zuku. "Remember when I told you my soulmate was cursed and I was chasing the one who cursed her?"

"Yeah." You paused, letting him know you were taking it in. "Oh shit, that's him?"

Zuku rolled his eyes. "Oh, don't tell me you're still playing this game."

"I-"

"Yes, I am." Bill glared at him. "You cursed her. I can never truly be with her."

"Have you ever thought that all of this is your fault?"

"What? My fault?"

"Yes, your fault."

"I'm leaving now before I deck you." Bill turned to you. "Come by the shack later, when this jerk is out of your hair." He disappeared.

You quickly spun to glare at Zuku. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

He shrugged. "I'm not telling you anything. Not until you tell me why you're not telling him."

"What if I like playing this game? What if I just want him to figure it out on his own?"

"Well, what if I'm sick of your games? I had to suffer through them for a millennia. I don't know what you're trying to pull, or why you like to drag me along, but it needs to stop."

"I really have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, drop the act already, Celestia. You have your full memory back, by now. You should be able to remember."

"Uh, no, I don't."

He groaned. "Why must you always be so complicated?" He moved to leave. "This isn't over."

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

"Home, of course. You don't need me looking over you, especially with your soulmate waiting in the woods."

"Don't run off to fight him. Please. You'll both only get hurt, and it won't solve anything."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care?"

"I want to patch this up. All of it. Please, let's just settle this like normal people."

He scoffed. "Like normal people? Celestia, let me remind you of something- we're gods. All three of us." He snapped his fingers, and you were in your goddess form. "This is who you are- not a human. Stop acting like one."

"We're living in a human world. I can't exactly stop."

"Suit yourself. It will only lead to your downfall." He glared again. "You have two days to tell him, or I will." He left the house, slamming the front door behind him.