Chapter Twenty Three

Aryan blurted out the words which made my heart freeze.

I almost forgot that I saw people in white when I saw my cuties safe and sound. I couldn't hold it anymore, and that's when I knew how it pains when you cry with full emotions. As I continued to cry, I heard Roy cooing at me and drawing circles on my back with his palm.

"You Satan! Are you not satisfied with all the bad luck you gave us? Leave my home before I call the police!"

My dad shouted at the length of his lungs and took Mahir away from me. I was a crying mess. I didn't know what to do and couldn't form words with anything that came to my mind.

"Aarush, we should go. I promised to get you out of trouble..." Roy was sympathizing with me but it wasn't the right time, so I just cut him off.

"Enough Roy. The part you have done proves you did better than what my dad could have done this whole time. And Justin Solanki, or so-called my father, I don't want to have any fight with you or your family. I didn't visit you for anything on a sorrowful day like this one, and since you are not interested in my visit here then there is no need of telling you.

"But one thing is for sure, I can visit your house whenever I want till six months and two weeks from now have passed. You are still my legal guardian according to the law and I'll be at your house whenever I want and I won't be questioned or taken out by police for being here. I am just going right now because the situation needs me to act mature enough and also because Roy advised not to create a scene right here." I said turning to Roy but continuing right after.

"But I'll come back whenever I sense distress in my cuties or feel their tears and sorrow. And maybe when they need me like the time you were busy at work, and mom in Australia with her company project and Minna Ma... was sick."

And just then, I realized that she was more important to me than how important I thought she was to me. The way she was with me the whole time and never left my side. How she sent my friends to tell me to go back and live at her place after the fight. How she came for me at school and I avoided her. There was a lot she did.

"If you are done, you can leave my house."

"She meant something to me as well. Something that made up the biggest portion of everything in my life." I busted out.

I broke down again. Roy saw that I wasn't going to gather my strength anytime soon, and thus he made me stand up. And that's when I realized that, he was crying as well. I saved it for a later topic to distract my mind.

"I need to see her at her cremation, but I will be intruding on your space and I don't want that. So, may I say goodbye, now before I go?"

I knew it was a horrible thing to ask them but the answer made me feel more horrible and the thought of it coming from my father made it weirder as if the situation wasn't weird after all.

"You better hurry boy, because I don't want to get my therapies to go to waste just because of your presence."

I hurried to the mat which had her body. I took her hand and kissed it for the last time ever and cried a little before be brave crossed my mind. It was the last thing I ever heard from her.

I was in the car with Roy driving back home.

It was mostly quiet except for the radio that kept talking about the prime minister doing some god damned tour I didn't care about

"Can you explain to me why were you crying?" I asked Roy trying to find a distraction.

"Did you notice? I tried to suppress it but I couldn't."