Chapter Four

Everybody turned to look at the furious Julian who stood at the door looking at three of them with dead anger on his face.

"I called her for some information," Justin replied which was an odd thing to do after what Alysa had said to him.

"Did I ask you?"

"If you are in my room without even a knock for a start, then it is in my place to say anything." Justin shot back with bile.

"I see. He has already poisoned you as well. The last person didn't last a month, let's see how long will you make it."

Justin didn't understand what Julian had said and turned to Kenneth for clarification, but Kenneth focused more on Julian at that particular time.

"Julian, this thing is between us. Don't drag other people in it." Kenneth said.

"If you chose to have them as accomplices, who am I to assume they don't exist. Either way, I want to talk to you." Julian said looking at Justin.

"Say what you want."

"I don't need your permission. I just want to see you sending them off so that we can talk."

"If that's what you want, then you have to bear speaking in front of them." Justin stood his ground.

"I was on my way out," Alysa announced and excused herself, but before she reached the door, Julian spoke to her.

"After I'm finished with him, I need to see you in my room." Without even a nod, she stormed off outside the room leaving the boys inside.

"I guess it doesn't matter if he is here or not. I don't care what you two-" Julian was speaking but Kenneth cut him off.

"I'll be downstairs waiting for you."

"Give me a minute and I'm all yours for the tour," Justin said to Kenneth as he left the room and then turned to Julian.

"What have you been talking about?" Julian asked Justin.

"It's nothing you need to know about."

"Justin or whatever you are, you are in my territory and a warning to help make your life easier in this place is to listen to what I'm saying. And since you seem high maintenance, I urge you to stay away from anything concerning me. I don't want any trouble with you and I don't want you to get in my way, especially when Alysa is concerned."

"I know nothing about Alysa. Is she your girlfriend or something?!" Justin had a knack for putting his nose in other people's business.

"Our relationship is none of your business. Just stay away from her."

"I can in a million ways but I have to tell you something before that. You are not who I thought you were." Justin said with a face showing pure pain and disbelief.

"You don't know me and you can't even think of the kind of person I could ever be."

"I could have if you had been the one whose letters I've been reading while I was in India," Justin said with a blank face but a little hope was portrayed in his words.

"I wrote you no letter. Kenneth is the one who wrote those letters." Julian snapped at Justin.

"He did?! Then why were they named after you? And why would he write to me as another person?" Justin was confused.

"I'm not here to answer your questions. Ask them to Kenneth and he will tell you everything."

"That's a lot to take in." Justin wasn't believing what he was hearing.

"It's not a dick. Hope you can accommodate them." Justin thought he saw the soft side of him in that hard shell he'd put himself in.

Justin didn't know where the urge came from but he just felt like he needed to care about Julian. He felt like he wanted to help him step out of that awful shell he'd put himself into. And thus, he said to him, "I think I might like you. You're not that bad."