Chapter Twenty Two

Roy ended up explaining to Abhimanyu, Faniat, and Naina how he had been keeping tabs on her and how his lawyer, Mr. Sharma figured out ways of having them divorced without Roy losing anything. It was a plan I learned on the flight to Maharashtra after I asked about how he made such a decision without thinking.

"I knew there was something fishy when you said your driver took care of it. You don't have a driver and you didn't come with that woman. I never saw or heard of her before." Naina finally spoke.

"Yeah, I nearly thought Roy hypnotized you at that. Hats off!" I said to Naina.

"Abhimanyu, you know that I love you right?" Faniat asked him and I could see a speech coming. "If this is what you were afraid to tell me, then you don't believe me yet. I know you feel insecure about my fame and everything but let me tell you, I believe in you more than I do myself and that's why I gave you my heart and my life. If you think I'm going to change my mind over your shady past, you are mistaken. I loved your post problems and whatever hell you were going through, I'm not going to cower away because of something that happened in the past. I have my own demons but that didn't stop you from loving me, why should I?"

Abhimanyu didn't know what to say and just looked pathetic. I knew it was the part where we were supposed to say our goodbyes and head back to our rooms but I couldn't. I just nudged Roy and Jessica and they understood what I said.

"Relationship is just chemistry between people, nothing else. If we understand and believe in each other, that's how it grows. I hope you won't keep me out of your life again after today because I'm baring you my all."

"That is so sweet! I wish I had someone to tell me those words." Roy cut Faniat off and I could feel what he said. "I think we should leave you to rest after such a big day. Congratulations you two and I wish you a happy life from here."

"Thanks, Roy for what you did. And for the gift, we've never received a gift like that one." Abhimanyu finally came back to his cheery self.

"A gift? Did we come with a gift?" Jessica asked me.

"Not that I remember. Roy, what gift is that?" I directed the question to him.

"Hey, you don't go to a ceremony without a gift, especially not a wedding. That is so not Indian." Roy said before he ushered us outside.

Faniat and Abhimanyu were laughing as they waved at us. We were going to go back through the stairs but I heard Naina call my name and I had to excuse myself from them to listen to her.

"Hey, Naina. What's up?" I asked her.

"I just wanted to say I'm grateful for what you did today. I didn't want Faniat to go through another breakup but after you saved the day, I knew she understood what happened."

"It's nothing Naina. Some people survive so others can live. Roy had to get the raw end of the deal so people like Abhimanyu, can learn from him and his mistakes and all where he was wrong. We are all glad we saved the wedding."

"Can I hug you? I feel like it's the right thing to do and I don't want you to say no." She said all emotional.

I hugged her and patted her back before I said goodbye and rejoined the others.

I woke up the next day at 6, there was music playing and Roy was still asleep. I looked at the speakers and I figured it was Roy who had connected his phone to the speaker. Justin Bieber's Cold water was playing. It sounded beautiful with the volume size and the quiet morning. I was appreciative of Roy's choice. The hotel was a little outside the bustling and hustling of the main city square.