Chapter Twenty Nine

I followed the directions, and they seemed to be going to a place I knew pretty well. It was the richest part of Uttar Pradesh.

I was driving Roy's SUV to the richest part of the city where I haven't been before. I was driving into the quiet part of the town where rich kids like Irfan Zubair, Cansu Ozgul, and Azra Ali lived. I was driving into the most secure part of the town also known as the Dreamland of Uttar.

"Roy! What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"We are following the directions."

Just as simple as that. I didn't want to ask him more questions because I was way too eager to find out what was there that we had to go to first before we go home.

I prayed it wasn't another gig Roy had arranged for me because I had a lot on my plate already.

I followed the directions and parked outside one of the bungalows, but Roy made me park in the parking lot of that bungalow because there were no cars there.

"I'll stay here till you come back," Dad said as soon as I switched off the car.

"I'll stay with him," I said soon after.

"No. You are both coming with me."

"No. Nobody is coming with you." I replied to him getting comfortable in the driver's seat.

"If I was too nervous to drive here myself, that means I can't do this alone. I needed somebody to be with me, but then I thought why not both of you accompany me here? The more the merrier."

"Youngblood, I'm tired," Dad told Roy, but he didn't give in.

"I know da- sir. But please come with me both of you."

Did he want to call father, dad? It was hilarious and so embarrassing. I could pay him to try that to see my dad's reaction.

"If you are insisting that much to the point of calling me dad, I can come along."

I couldn't help laughing at that point. I said sure I would join them as well, but I kept laughing nonetheless. Roy was glowing red on his cheeks with embarrassment.

It was a mansion-bungalow that we were walking to. Roy stopped at the doorstep and looked at both of us smiling nervously.

I rolled my eyes and went to ring the doorbell because I could see light coming from inside the house.

It didn't take long before I was left speechless. Speechless with my eyes bulging out. We were welcomed. But it wasn't just a welcome. It was a real welcome.

"Welcome Home!"

That was so overwhelming and heavy to carry alone.

At some point, I thought it would turn out a fairy tale but no, and no, and hell no. It was really life, and it was gonna be the way it was.

Roy had bought the house he was dreaming about, and there they were, Priya, Jessica, Harleen, Roshni, and Tatiana, welcoming us to the new house. And did I mention it was the priciest of all that the realtor had shown him? Well, it was.

A two-story house that had 13 bedrooms. There were a total of 17 rooms, the two storerooms, the gym room, and the cinema. Yes, the house had a cinema in it. Period.

"What the hell is happening?"

"Heaven is this way. You might need to knock on other doors to know where hell is located." Roshni answered me and if it was recorded, my face could make the charts of priceless reactions.

Everybody else erupted in laughter, and Priya welcomed us in.

"Is this where you live? I thought you said a small house!" My father was shocked.