Chapter Twenty Four

It was Sid.

I knew he must have been the one to say anything after all that happened, he was that type of person. I wonder why he was quiet for that long. It wasn't like him at all.

I just shrugged okay since I didn't know what they were up to. I hoped they would want to part ways in peace, but I will be a liar if I don't admit that there was a part of me that thought maybe, all the nice act during the party was a façade, and they were there to let me know that I shouldn't raise my hopes high. I wasn't strong enough to take some rubbish after such a wonderful day.

"Aarush, we are deeply sorry for what happened in the past and we ask you to forgive us. It was me and Raj that convinced the others to go bananas over you and told Rahul that you were showing him that, you are the one who should be with Disha. Please, it was a past and..."

I didn't need to be a genius to know it wasn't him nor Raj. If it were any of them, they would have come to me first before they said anything. I didn't know what they realized to take the blame, but one thing I knew was, that Sid was creating a scene that I was too tired to play along with. And believe me, I had nothing against them.

"Sid, there is no need to do so. The past is past us, and I have nothing against you. I just wanted you guys to not accuse me of something I never did, and if possible, part ways on good terms. Who focuses on the past nowadays, it is you and your future. Speaking of which..."

I didn't know what I was going to say when Roy cut me off, but it sure as hell gonna be stupid. I knew my mind better those days.

"Hey, young bro. I know you have to be with your friends, but we are getting late and Mr. Stupid wants to be home by 11." Alright, I forgot that he had asked the watchman of his restaurant to look after his house for the time we were off.

"Guys, I think I need to go. It's like..."

"10:26, and we also need to be home. So, you were saying about what?"

I already liked Zac at that point.

"Roy. Can they come over in the middle of the week? I mean just for some time?" I asked.

"They can come even now kiddo. Only if you come right now, and we take off."

"Wednesday after school. I will send you the address. Bye guys."

"The evidence from the complaints' side is crystal clear and as we have to give the defendant's side, time to defend themselves and prove that they are innocent, the jury decided to give them three weeks to do so.

"If they won't bring enough evidence to convince the court, then they will be charged guilty. At that time of three weeks, the defendants who are accused of breaking into the property and stealing property ownership documents, cannot travel outside the city let alone the country, and there should be a weekly visit to the nearest police station. The next hearing will be on Monday of 11th May. The court is adjourned."

Thank God it was over. I had a tough time convincing my teachers to give me the day off. Even though they didn't directly give me a day off, I earned it indirectly. And also, the computer tryouts' secretary, had reached out to me on the night of prom and told me that I received an offer and they wanted to meet with me on Monday if I was interested.

I was overjoyed by their concern and the fact that I was the top student in the tryouts. The secretary highly recommended meeting the employers, so I agreed to meet with them.

I had to wait for four hours of court torture before I could go through my phone. I opened my Gmail first thing on the ride home, I saw that I had five business emails. I didn't want to deal with them, and I just showed them to Roy and he told me to forward them to him.