Chapter Twelve

Shivangi was already giving up when Justin pointed out that they had five minutes only to save her at all costs. Since all the doctors had panicked and no one was really listening to what Justin was saying, he decided to ask them to vouch for him so he could finish the surgery and save his wife.

Nobody was ready to do so as they knew pretty much that if the word got out and the patient wasn't saved, they were all in trouble that would cost them their licenses.

"I think it's right, we should let him finish this before losing her. He is a surgeon also and the husband of this woman. Not to mention he was the one who said they both could be saved." Dr. Shivangi suggested which they reluctantly agreed and Justin was then in charge.

He was able to restart her heart in just two minutes followed by 24 minutes of sweating his brain to save his wife. He had managed to do it like the expert he was and ordered the anesthetist to give her 2 hours of sedatives that would help her adjust to the situation after that near-death experience.

"Ouch... It hurts!"

Those were Anna's first words after regaining her consciousness and getting to know that she was in a hospital.

She looked around and it was all white. The curtains, the wall, the roof, the bed even the fucking sheets were white. She thought she might have been dead and it was all a ploy but the pain that she felt from her stomach down, assured her that she was still alive. Dead people aren't supposed to feel pain, isn't it?

Her train of weird thoughts was cut short by a sudden cry of a baby. It was at that moment when it hit Anna and she remembered why she was at the hospital in the first place. "Please, can I see my..."

"Son, our son!" Justin who was just behind those curtains replied as he gave the boy to Anna.

"He's so beautiful." Anna sighed.

"I think it's from his mother." Shivangi interrupted and made the couple laugh a bit. "And by the way, I am here to thank you for your courage and patience to endure all those things to keep your son safe, and it turned out you are also in the mercy of God."

"It's not me, thanks to you doctors who made me breathe again for God's grace. I was terrified when they told me I had to deliver early." She said the last bit turning to Justin.

"No Anna, keep your thanks for when you get home. It was your sweet and handsome husband who saved you. I was the first who thought we were going to lose you." Shivangi replied just as fast as Anna had spoken.

"It was nothing terrifying as what she is saying. They just needed a little help and I stepped up." Justin said trying not to worry Anna any more than she might have already been.

"Thank you," Anna said holding Justin with one hand while the other stayed with the baby.

Justin had tears threatening to fall and he knew he wouldn't be able to stop them unless he went away from her, but how could he? And so, he let them fall down and just used his free hand to wipe them off.

"I think we should let her rest. She has been through a lot today itself." Shivangi said and started to leave but Anna called for her.

"Doctor!" She sounded short of breath but she braved it and whispered her question just loud enough for Shivangi to hear. "How long am I going to be here?"

"I... can't really tell, but... I think two to three days. Until you get better and we are satisfied that you won't have any problems at home then we will discharge you." Shivangi replied looking at Justin as if to confirm that she was saying it right since he was the one who did the surgery in the first place. "Why do you ask that if I may ask?"