Chapter Fourteen

"Aarush, your friend is here!"

That was the first thing my mom said when I closed the door behind me. I wasn't in the mood for any small talk or altercation, I just asked her where that friend of mine and she motioned to the backyard.

I went all the way outside of the house to the backyard to find Rahul crying. He was sitting at the swings facing the tree that gave shade to that swing.

"Rahul, what's wrong?" I said as I approached him.

I sat beside him without saying a word. I took my time to assess the situation and when it was safe, I raised a brow at Rahul who was still crying and he started to speak.

"You remember telling me to make a move for Disha?" I nodded before he continued.

"So, I made the move. Today itself. During the second break, I asked her if we could have lunch together after school. She agreed and after school, we went to Pandaji's shop and ...

RAHUL'S POV

We took our seats and ordered food, I had tandoori chicken while she ordered Bandhan ki chicken. I assured her she could order whatever she wanted so she had soda while I ordered water. We started to enjoy our food before she broke the silence.

"I hate silent lunches especially when I know the person I'm having lunch with has something to say."

I cleared my throat and started to speak.

"Yes, it's true. I don't have something, I have a lot of things to tell you. It may be awkward because we never spoke like this before and for us being friends of Aarush, makes it weird but I need you to hear me out." She looked at me with a blank face and then she narrowed her eyes as if she was examining me before I continued without breaking eye contact with her.

"I wanted to tell you that ... I, me ... I love you." I blurted out.

"Yes, I love you, I loved you and I will forever love you for whatever it takes. I want you to be mine and me to be yours. I am ready to give you all of my heart and whatever I am capable of. And ..."

I was cut off by her standing up from the seat and she said, "I can't betray your friend, I understand Jeep X very well to mess around with you guys."

AARUSH'S POV

"And she left. I didn't know what to do and I came here. I don't know whatever you might say but anything to make me understand. Please! She is your friend, you might know something. Anything at all."

I was exhausted upon hearing the story. I liked Disha but Rahul loved her. What was off was it was someone from Jeep X. Our friend from the group and that person didn't even flinch whenever Rahul got over his head when Disha was around.

I didn't know what to say, but as the leader of the group, I got my mind in sync and I managed to say, "It's alright. I know that we made it clear that we should know who is dating who but there is no information saying that anyone from the group is dating her."

He looked flushed but he kept his sane.

"We can't conclude by ourselves. We need to have the others so we can talk about this. And you seem like you could use a little rest. Just come and take a rest in my room when you wake up I'll escort you home."

He agreed and we went to my room. I made sure to tell him to be quiet as Aryan was sleeping in the next room and he wasn't a heavy sleeper at all. I didn't want him waking up to throw me a lot of questions. I needed the rest I offered to Rahul.