Chapter Ten

Justin was back in India to live, and that's why the rejection he faced didn't make him run away from all that was going on in his head. He chose to brave it and live with it. Even Anna didn't know what he was planning to do and so she kept asking if he had already booked them a flight back to America or Canada.

Justin didn't tell her anything or even try to show effort in answering her questions but the surprise came when they reached town. Instead of going to the airport, Justin ordered the cab driver to take them to the bus stand where they could get buses to another city.

After they left Karanpur, they moved to a place far away from Justin's family but still in India. Justin didn't want to live outside India and work for the foreigners after what he saw back at Karanpur when his grandmother had shocked him. It was pretty clear that he was needed in India to save his people. And that's how they found themselves buying a house in Uttar Pradesh.

A few days after settling in Uttar, Justin managed to make contact with Dev and spoke to him and Shreya and he knew then that their grandmother was dead. She had a heart attack that night they left and there was no professional doctor who could help her at that time, thus her death.

They couldn't go back since the funeral had already passed about four days ago and they weren't needed there if they were honest with themselves. They also found out that The Singhs and The Solankis weren't on talking terms after Dhamini rejected the arranged marriage The Singhs had planned for her and The Solankis supported her.

It wasn't because she wanted to piss off The Singhs but it was more because she had received the job offer of her dream even though pissing off The Singhs was a bonus after the stunts they had been pulling at The Solankis for the past years. She wasn't looking forward to marriage especially that early when she just following her dreams and being the person she wanted to be. Justin was happy nevertheless since he knew he won in his loss. The family had learned to respect and support the constructive ideas of the family members.

There was nothing much to learn apart from what they already heard and so they invited them over for their wedding that was just two weeks away. They also told them to deliver the invitation to The Solankis as well since they were nearer and had chances of being listened to.

They had made friends already in Uttar and those friends are the people who helped them settle in and the whole marriage thing. They didn't feel that they were unwelcome whenever they were around them. Those friends were Minna Ma and Rustema.

They technically did everything while Justin and Anna did the nodding job to accept whatever they had planned. It was sweet until it wasn't. Until the wedding day itself.

It was early in the morning of the wedding day when Dev and his family arrived giving hope to Justin and Anna about there being a family reunion after a few weeks.

It went on and until it was only an hour till the wedding, was Justin impatient and decided to see if they were coming or not.

"Hello, Is this the Solanki family of address 189 Karanpur?" Justin said after the call was connected in a different voice.

'Yes, who is this?' Aayesha was on the other side of the phone.

"I'm calling from the post office. We faced technical difficulties during the past week and so we were checking to see if the mails were delivered successfully or if there was any problem in the process."

'I don't think if there is any. Maybe you can wait, my husband can say it. Give me a second.' Aayesha was heard asking Raichand and Shania in the background and she came saying that there were none