Chapter Eleven

When Aarush's eighth birthday approached, Anna asked Justin to tell their son the truth because one way or another he would find out. Aarush kept asking of a little sister from time to time but they would always shrug it off and distract him. It had bothered Anna a lot and she thought Aarush needed to know the truth.

"My husband, he is 8 years soon from now and you will -" Anna started to speak before she was cut off by Justin who raised both his hand as if he was defeated and ready to surrender.

"Okay, it's fine, tell me what to do, huh!" Justin was getting angrier by the minute. "You know that I love you more than the way I speak and nonetheless to my son, but do you really expect me to tell him that we can't give him a baby sister because I can't impregnate his mom! As I have erectile dysfunction? Huh! You think I will say that, right? Yeh Pagal hai!"

"Sorry for I might have offended you but what I was trying to say is -" For the second time Anna was cut off but this time was by the sound of Aarush crying and calling her.

"Momma!"

They both rushed outside to see what had happened to him because he sounded like he was crying.

"Baby, what happened?!" Anna rasped in no time when she managed to get a hold of her crying child and looked hurt.

"Ma! Am I an orphan?!" Aarush asked sobbing.

"From where the hell could you get the thought of asking that crazy question, huh?!" Justin frowned and boiled with anger making his whole body shiver at the same time.

"So it's true then, you won't answer my question because I am not your son and what you do the whole time is just lying to me? You really bought me." Aarush said while running to his room still crying.

Anna was left with her mouth wide open not knowing what to do. At first, she thought her ears were damaged and she didn't hear him correctly but upon looking at Justin, then and only then that she found out what she heard was all that was said by their son.

She put up the courage to walk to her husband who had sat on the dirty soil. She shooed away the crowd in front of them and asked him to go inside with her.

As she touched Justin, she regretted what her husband said next.

"Did you sleep with anyone to give me the hope of being a father? Let's be honest for just this time and keep all things aside." Justin said with hurt feelings. "And above all, where had he heard all of that? Aaah fuck!"

"Justin, I don't know what you are talking about, but I swear upon goddess Durga and Amba that I have never slept with any man apart from you and I never will."

Justin was relieved by those words because he knew pretty well that Anna wasn't a liar, especially to the people she loved, and in a fraction of seconds, he was ready at Aarush's door. To his astonishment, the doorknob was locked from the inside.

Justin tried so hard but Aarush was not buying anything he said and he kept crying until the very voice which he never ditched, called him.

"Aarush beta, open the door, main yahaa hoon!" The sweet voice of Minna Ma called.

Minna Ma lived five blocks away from their house, and that's why they could get her to raise their child for nearly four years whenever they were away or had overnight jobs.

And soon the door was opened and Aarush ran to Minna Ma without a glance to where his parents were. Without care.

"Tell me beta, what's wrong? Did anyone hurt you? Tell me!" Minna Ma said with a low concerning voice.

"I know you are the only person who can tell me the truth Minna Ma, are these my parents?" Aarush asked while pointing to Justin and Anna.

"Yes, they are. I took an oath to Lord Shiva not to lie to you. But why would you ask that?"