Chapter 8 - Do You Have To Go?

Incoming Call

Soot Boy (lmao)

Accept                Decline

This happened to be going on all week. Wilbur was very persistent. I admired it, but I also despised it. He just wouldn't give the fuck up. At this point, I couldn't take it anymore.

Incoming Call

Soot Boy (lmao)

[Accept]                  Decline

"Hello?" I say quietly.

"Hi," laughs Wilbur. His breathing was heavy.

"Are you walking?"

"Yes,"

"Where are you going?" 

"I don't know,"

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe..."

"Wilbur!"

"What?!"

"Are you drunk?"

"Yes," he sighs.

"What happened?"

"I was bored and in love," he laughs.

"Oh..."

"Where are you?"

"Um...I don't know,"

"What do you see?"

"Just a big apartment building and a small alleyway next to a thrift shop and a jewelry shop,"

"Okay, I'm coming to get you,"

"Okay...how do you know where I am?"

"Don't worry about it," I say. "Just stay there, I'm on my way."

"Okay..."

I quickly grab my keys and get in the car. I drive straight to his described location. There are three people in the alleyway and they all seem drunk. I quickly realized I didn't even know what he looked like. How the hell was I gonna find him? I knew what this meant. I quickly pulled my hair out of my eyes. I turned on my phone and typed in his number.

If he was lying I was gonna fucking kill him. I click the camera button and the call rings. He picks up.

"I'm at the end of the road," I tell him. "The black Toyota."

"On my way," his words seemed genuinely slurred. Maybe he wasn't lying.

I see a tall figure walking towards my car. He seemed to be about 6 and a half feet. I grab my bat out of the backseat just in case I needed it for protection.

He walks up to the car and waves, "You gonna let me in?"

"What's the nickname that you gave me when I first told you my name?"