Chapter 23 - Starting Over

I slowly made my way over to her place. My palms were sweaty and you could see the panic all over my face. I obviously knew it wasn't Cassie, but that doesn't make this any less relieving.

I knock on the door and slowly wait for an answer, which came faster than expected, "It's unlocked."

I slowly open the door and walk inside, "Um...hi...Cassandra?"

"Hi," she turns around and smiles at me. It was her, well, not her, but the girl from the grocers. "You can call me Cass or Cassie if you'd like. The dining rooms is this way."

I followed her into a back room. Inside it contained a large table enough to seat a family of twelve and platters already set out.

As much as I appreciated it, this made me feel a bit odd about where this date was going. Was it even really a date?

I follow her over to a seat with a paper that was placed out with my name signed in calligraphy. It was beautiful, but it seemed too flashy. No, that was an understatement. It was absolutely ostentatious. In the back of my mind I wondered where this date was going. It seemed off.

"Sorry, if this is a little short notice, but my family is coming over to eat with us and I already had our date set up, but they insisted it was important and I didn't want to cancel last minute," she explains.

She seemed a little antsy as if she was nervous, but I brushed it aside, "That's fine. No big deal."

She smiled and finished setting up the table. I volunteered to help, but she insisted she did it the way her family liked it, so there I sat watching and sitting while she worked like a maid. I felt bad, but I didn't want to push her on the topic so I sat quietly.

Soon there was another knock just as she set down the last plate, "That must be them."

She walks to the door and opens it. There stood an older woman along with what looked to be her spouse and four younger children, two who which looked about the age of Tubbo and Tommy. Speaking of which they kinda looked like them too. The other two children looked to be a bit younger maybe 11 or 12 around that bit.

I just looked because I didn't know what else to do. Cassandra hugs the children and then proceeds to hug her mother and father. She welcomes them inside and they make their way to the table. When the two boys who looked like Tommy and Tubbo come over they freeze at the sight of me. They look at what I guess is their sister and then back to me and I knew right then, they knew exactly who I was.

The Tommy look alike's smile widens and he runs up to me, "Oh my god! You're Wilbur Soot! You're my favorite Minecrafter ever! I've watched all your videos and I love your music."

I put on a smile, "Uh, hi. I'm glad that you like my content, I try my best."

"Are you kidding?!" The boy screams. I flinch, but pull myself back together before anyone realizes. "You are the best. Not to mention all my sisters have a huge crush on you. Especially, Cassie."

He turns to smirk at the girl and her face flushed red. This angered me because that means she lied about not knowing who Phil and I were, but I kept up my front and remained calm throughout the encounter. I couldn't blame the family for their daughter's lies, so I respected them.

"Well, I don't know if I'm the boss, but thank you for the compliments," I smiled. I noticed the boy who looked like Tubbo stood behind his brother and waved at me shyly. I smiled and waved back. "Hey, what's your name, king?"