Chapter 26 - Warning

"What?!" I ask as I look around. "Why am I here?"

I feel a soft presence around me and I instantly smile, "Wilbur."

I turn to look at her, "Love?"

"Wilbur, I miss you," she whispers. "I see what's happening and I feel horrible for what I've done to you."

"It's not your fault," I mumble to her. "I'm sorry for blaming you. I know it wasn't your fault. I just wish we had more time."

"I do to," she says. "Will, I'm here to give you a warning?"

"A warning about what?"

"Be careful," she whispers. "You're not safe. She told them. She told everyone. She's...she's ruined everything."

Cassie looked off in the distance as if she was seeing a scene play in front of her.

"What?" I ask. "Who?"

She points behind me and I see a scene play in front of me. It was her. The girl from tonight.

"I'm sorry, darling," her mother sits stroking her hair. "I can't believe he's do this to you."

"I know," she says on tears. "I thought he loved me. I loved him so much. I can't believe he'd do something like this."

"Well, I think you need to tell someone," her mother says. "Well, not someone. Tell everyone. Tell everyone how their idol is a liar and how he used you."

She looks at her mother as she passes her a phone, "I can't do it. He'd be so upset if I ruined his career. He'd probably hurt me."

"I'll make sure he doesn't step foot near you or he'll be taken in," her father says as he walks into the room.

The girl looked up at her father and nodded. She grabs the phone from her mothers hand and types.

"What is she doing?!" I turn to Cassie.

"She's...she's about to ruin you," she chocked out. "You're not safe and it's all my fault. I shouldn't have left you. I...I shouldn't have left you like that. This is all my fault."

"Cassie, what's going on!" I ask her. "What is she saying? What is she doing? Cassie, please don't shut me out again!"

She looks at me and looks into the distance. I follow her gaze. Once again a scene played out in front of me. There was a scene of a tweet in the drafts ready to be posted. The scene changed to alarm. Then it shifted. Different tweets flew past a million miles an hour. Different reactions.

"Cassie, how do I stop it?" I ask her.

"Will, I'm sorry," she mumbles.

"What?"

"It's too late," she whispers.

"What, no, the alarm," I whisper. The alarm hasn't went off yet, it was as t posted yet. Right? Right, Cassie? Cassie?"

Cassie sits silently staring at me, "I'm so sorry, Will. I wish I could do something to help, but I'm stuck. All I could do was show you, but I can't intervene with the living."

"You're doing it, right now!" I yell at her.

"Will, who said you were still living?" She whispers.

"I..." I look her. Eyes wide. I wasn't dead. I couldn't be dead. "Cassie, I'm not dead."

"Will, you're not dead," she confirms. "But you are a dead man walking."

"What does that mean?!" I asks her. Practically begging for something.

"Just...watch your back," she mumbles. "Don't trust anyone."

"I love you, Will," she mumbles. "Please, take my advice and be careful. I know I couldn't do much, and I wish I could, but I love you. Please...don't go anywhere alone."

Just like that she was gone and I was back in the living world. I had broken out in a sweat and my eyes were red from crying in my sleep. Today was where my whole life fell apart.

{Created: July 25, 2022, at 7:22 pm}

[Published: July 26, 2022, at 5:57 pm]

Word Count: 651 Words